Celebrity solstice -south pacific 03/apr questions!!

bossini bossini

Celebrity solstice -south pacific 03 apr 14 questions please!!

Hi, I'm a new cruiser and have lots of question~~:) please help me to wake up!!!:D

1. If I finish check in, could I enter the cruise ship or have to play around Sydney Overseas Passenger Terminal?

2. I bought a Premium Package for 2 (with my husband) - wow it's expensive but i believe that 'll be worth, we love dri~~ink!!

But is this package cover everywhere in Solstice? I bought 3 Dinners Specialty Package - if I dine in restaurant do I have to pay extra drink or PP will cover all? So confused... :cool::cool:

3. My husband's birthday is in between cruise. Anybody has a good idea for 55's birthday in the cruise ship??

4. Cruise Itinerary - NOUMEA,ISLE OF PINES, LIFOU (1 day each)

Do I have to exchange money before my departure? (I live in Australia) and which currency is prefer? US or Euro?

I think i need some of cash could be easier to look around island but have no idea how much and us$? or euro? AU$?

5. Weather - 03~11 April is rainy season? How's temperature in the ship?

I really really appreciated all your help~~~

You have a good day!!! :o:o

Edited by bossini bossini

Celebrity solstice -south pacific 03 apr 14 questions please!!

Hi, I'm a new cruiser and have lots of question~~:) please help me to wake up!!!:D

1. If I finish check in, could I enter the cruise ship or have to play around Sydney Overseas Passenger Terminal?

2. I bought a Premium Package for 2 (with my husband) - wow it's expensive but i believe that 'll be worth, we love dri~~ink!!

But is this package cover everywhere in Solstice? I bought 3 Dinners Specialty Package - if I dine in restaurant do I have to pay extra drink or PP will cover all? So confused... :cool:

3. My husband's birthday is in between cruise. Anybody has a good idea for 55's birthday in the cruise ship??

4. Cruise Itinerary - NOUMEA,ISLE OF PINES, LIFOU (1 day each)

Do I have to exchange money before my departure? (I live in Australia) and which currency is prefer? US or Euro?

I think i need some of cash could be easier to look around island but have no idea how much and us$? or euro? AU$?

5. Weather - 03~11 April is rainy season? How's temperature in the ship?

I really really appreciated all your help~~~

You have a good day!!! :o

1) Assuming you don't get there too early, once you're done with check-in, you can board the ship. a fairly hassle free process. When we boarded in Sydney, Australian customs was there, but if you're Australian, that step may not apply to you.

2) Drink package covers every where except room service.

3) A lot of people say the balcony :)

4) We've always found US currency to be accepted everywhere in New Caledonia. Reportedly Australian is equally easy to use. Unless you anticipate a large purchase, I wouldn't bother getting XPF for those stops (nor for French Polynesia).

5) When we did the trip last year, there was no rain, but windy day after day on the stretch of sea days from New Caledonia to French Polynesia. It was warm but too windy to enjoy the open deck much. Nonetheless comfortable everywhere on the ship.

Harris

Denver, CO

The on-line check in speed things up, but you still have to queue for boarding when arrives at the Terminal. Print off your Express pass e-doc at home and take with you. Once at the Terminal you will be given a health form to fill in and sign, then you progress to check-in and to customs. At boarding you will be given a plastic card; your individual "sea pass". This is your identity card, ships purchases card and room opening card. You will need this card with you every time you leave and enter the ship or make a purchase.

You should be able to use Oz dollars in the South Pacific countries. Not sure about Noumea, but then just use an ATM.

Go the The Ports of Call forum to do a bit more research (like the weather) about the South Pacific ports. There is heap of information usually and because search function is down, just start asking specific questions. Other people will appreciate that if they are looking for the same answers.

A South Pacific cruise is really relaxing and a great choice for a first cruise, so ... Just Enjoy ... the whole process:)

I am also on this cruise.

1.Once you check in you are not allowed off the ship.[/color]

2. The premium package only covers drinks up to about $13.75 (that was in April last year). Quite a number of the drinks in the speciality restaurants were more expensive than the $13.75 so you would have to pay the extra. I drink white wine and ordered the cheapest white wine in the speciality restaurant and it was $13.75, which was covered in my premium package last year.

3. The Italian or French restaurant.

4. Just use Australian dollars.

5. Weather is a gamble anytime, but it was a lovely fine day in Noumea in April last year.

Edited by Oriana1

Very appreciated... I'll do my research more from now on.. ^^

Thanks again..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The cruise critic roll call group are having sailaway drinks/get together at the Sunset Bar, deck 15, after lifeboat drill.

Kim

Hey there! Welcome. :)

We did Sth pacific in Dec. most places take AUD, but if not get your driver / taxi to take you via your banks ATM and voila dollars are that country!

Have fun. We did a local bus tour on Ise of Pins. $25 au each. Saw some great local sites and enjoyed it! Others found the island boring and were ready to board the tenders to head back at 10am! :eek: