Enrichment Activities on Norwegian Star

candango

We are considering a transatlantic cruise on the Star, but I haven't found information on enrichment activities during the many sea days for that trip. Can anyone give me information on lectures or other activities (even new movies) on Norwegian extended cruises?

I think history & culture lectures are a significant deficiency in NCL cruises. I have sailed twice on the Jade (Eastern Med) and once on the Star (Baltics). For an American, I cannot think of better topics for lectures than these historic lands. The ship did have some excursion lectures which mainly highlighted tours available, but Gary Glading (the cruise director of the Jade) was the only one that gave an introduction to Italy.

I know there are pluses and minuses to every cruise line, but educational lectures would be an area that NCL could look at.

We are considering a transatlantic cruise on the Star, but I haven't found information on enrichment activities during the many sea days for that trip. Can anyone give me information on lectures or other activities (even new movies) on Norwegian extended cruises?

We did ta on Star this past October. Although there are plenty of activity choices from which to choose, few of them are enrichment lectures. We did have one about the first pilots to fly nonstop across the Atlantic. And there was a lecture about the Florida Everglades. But those are the only ones I remember being offered.

What I enjoyed the most were the cooking demonstrations by various chefs. I also enjoyed the variety of musicians that were available during the day as well as the afternoon and evening.