Carnival sailing out of Boston to Bermuda or bahamas?

LizzieTrowbridge

I would LOVE to sail out of Boston to Bermuda or the Bahamas on a Carnival ship. Have sailed on Glory to Canada and NCL to Bermuda out of Boston and it can't be beat cause the port is less than an hour form our house. Any future plans for Carnival to sail out of Boston to Bermuda or Bahamas?

i would love to sail out of boston to bermuda or the bahamas on a carnival ship. Have sailed on glory to canada and ncl to bermuda out of boston and it can't be beat cause the port is less than an hour form our house. Any future plans for carnival to sail out of boston to bermuda or bahamas?

i wish !!!!!!!!!

I would LOVE to sail out of Boston to Bermuda or the Bahamas on a Carnival ship. Have sailed on Glory to Canada and NCL to Bermuda out of Boston and it can't be beat cause the port is less than an hour form our house. Any future plans for Carnival to sail out of Boston to Bermuda or Bahamas?

No plans to sail out if Boston let alone to Bermuda.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Me too! I am a 15 minute drive to the Boston port. We passed up the Canadian itinerary on the Glory as we preferred to go to Carribbean instead. I would love to do a Boston to Bermuda cruise. Didn't Carnival have a Boston to Bermuda a few years ago?

I've thought about doing the Boston to Bermuda on NCL's Dawn as I've heard that's alot of fun.

Bermuda is a gorgeous island, and the people are lovely. I've visited there many times.

We sailed on NCL Dawn from Boston to Bermuda last summer and loved it. The Dawn is an older ship and the main dining room food was very mediocre, but we splurged and ate in the specialty restaurants, which were great. I would do that cruise again, but I prefer Carnival as the NCL cabins are quite a bit smaller. We also sailed on the Glory from Boston to Canada several years ago. We ended up with a very inexpensive upsell to an aft corner balcony because the cruise was so undersold. Cruising out of Boston is so convenient and affordable. I wish there were more options. There are so many affordable cruises out of Florida, but it cost so much to fly there.

I wish there would be a Boston to the Caribbean cruise too. My family has taken the 4 -5 hour drive to NYC a couple of times to cruise out of a close to home port though. One time, we even did a February out of NYC to the eastern Caribbean on NCL. It is definitely worth while, if like sea days and don't want to deal with airfare.

They have to discount it because they only go where it is COLD. Tell them to go someplace warm and they will fill the ship. Don't they know us Bostonians have enough cold? We want warm.

You got that right! My first cruise was this itinerary with friends, over 15 years ago on Majesty of the Seas. When we left (this was in October) it was called Royal Majesty, not owned by NCL. They changed ownership DURING our cruise. The staff leaving port in Bermuda was mostly different than the staff on the way there. It was really weird. But anyhow we had a blast but we were young and just partying.

I'd love to see a better ship doing this cruise. I loved the 3 days in port. You could party in Bermuda without worrying about getting back to the ship. It started out very cold, but warmed up quickly on the first sea day.

They have to discount it because they only go where it is COLD. Tell them to go someplace warm and they will fill the ship. Don't they know us Bostonians have enough cold? We want warm.

so true!!

You got that right! My first cruise was this itinerary with friends, over 15 years ago on Majesty of the Seas. When we left (this was in October) it was called Royal Majesty, not owned by NCL. They changed ownership DURING our cruise. The staff leaving port in Bermuda was mostly different than the staff on the way there. It was really weird. But anyhow we had a blast but we were young and just partying.

I'd love to see a better ship doing this cruise. I loved the 3 days in port. You could party in Bermuda without worrying about getting back to the ship. It started out very cold, but warmed up quickly on the first sea day.

We sailed on the NCL majesty 10 yrs ago for our honeymoon. We LOVED it!!!

We drive to port for our family cruises. Boston would be great as it's only about 1 hours from our house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird indeed . Majesty of the Seas and Royal Majesty are two different ships :D

No plans to sail out if Boston let alone to Bermuda.

Actually they are currently working on going back to Boston in 2015 but guessing it will be Canada again and as someone said... we already have cold here lol

Not Doubting you but they were discounting Romans to an unbelievable rate last year. They are not in a hurry for that again.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

Weird indeed . Majesty of the Seas and Royal Majesty are two different ships :D

I was wrong when I said Majesty of the Seas. It was Royal Majesty when we left. I don't think it was owned by a big cruise line. NCL bought it on the way back. I know they kept "Majesty" but not sure if I just added "Of the seas" because of my RCL experiences.

ETA from Wikipedia... I guess it was 1997 that we went...

Majesty Cruise Line is a Norwegian cruise line probably known for owning the Norwegian Majesty from 1992 to 1997. Majesty Cruise Line was a more upmarket brand created by Dolphin Cruise Line in 1993. Their first ship, the Royal Majesty, was originally ordered by Birka Line for their 24hour cruises out of Stockholm.[1] Following the bankruptcy of builders Wärtsilä, the contract was resold to Majesty Cruise Line and the vessel was completed as Caribbean cruise ship Royal Majesty in 1992. she initially worked three- and four-night cruises out of Florida, but in 1995 opened a new summer Boston-Bermuda route, terminating at St George's rather than the usual Hamilton in Bermuda. Royal Majesty returned to Florida in the winter. In June 1995 she ran aground on Rose and Crown shoal of Nantucket Island, due to a combination of faulty GPS and inadequate watch being maintained. Royal Majesty was 17 miles off course. She remained aground for 24 hours before tugs towed her off. In 1997, a second ship was added to the fleet, the Crown Majesty (previously Crown Dynasty). For the 1997 season, she operated cruises which had already been arranged for Crown Dynasty, but at the end of that season both ships passed to Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL). Royal Majesty was sold to NCL, being renamed Norwegian Majesty, and soon received a similar lengthening to Norwegian Wind/Dream. Crown Majesty which had been chartered from Effjohn International, had her charter transferred to NCL. .

Edited by frayedend