Miracle news, tidbits and info, please

Timmys_mom

I am sailing on the Miracle on 10/23 - apparently this sailing has been totally ignored by cruise critics, because I have only found 6 others on roll call who will be sailing with us.

We have already booked with Native Way tours for the Reef, Rays and Rum Point tour and with Yhoni in Belize for cave tubing. However, I am looking for some more information about Costa Maya and Cozumel.

We are booked into 6184, 6186 and 6188. Are there any pictures out there? I seem to recall reading a post about rooms on one side of the ship having better views during docking...., but I can't recall the specifics. If our TA booked specific rooms, have we elminiated ourselves from any upgrades? I purchased some onboard gifts to be waiting for us when we arrive (three couples, all celebrating our 10 year anniversary), so I am sure they are aware of the special occasion. The anniversary notation is also in our booking (I was able to see it online- although I can't seem to get to that page on the Carnival site anymore).

We booked through an interline agency (special rates for airline employees). If the price goes down, can I still get shipboard credits after full payment?

Special shout out to AppleValleyCruiser - I live in Rosemount. Would love to meet you at the new Rosemount Applebee's after your cruise to see your pics! Happy honeymoon!!!

Hi Shelly,

Thought I could never talk my husband into it, but we will be joining you on this cruise. After registering with the Carnival Web site, we got a cold call from a lady saying that she was our Personal Vacation Planner. We happen to be on our back porch enjoying the water view and downing a few beers. Boy was her timing right. Within 10 minutes she had us booked with our cabin# (5222 8B) and even helped picked our dinner time & table. She was fantastic. I am now starting to get excited , I'm sure we will be running into you onboard.

Timmys Mom,

You will have a fabulous time cave tubing with Yanni!!!

In Cozumel we rented a Jeep $55 for the whole day. By the time we took a taxi from the port to downtown to shop and then downtown to Paradise Beach and then back to the port for a family of 5 it was more than worth it.

We had 12 hours in Cozumel and we did a some shopping and then drove off the beaten path to the over side of the island we'd pull over to the side of the road and jump in the ocean for a little bit. Paradise Beach was beautiful, no charges, and awesome food.

The jeep idea sounds great. We didn't want to overbook ourselves with shore excursions, but neither did we want to get stuck in the pier area with no plans. Thanks for the docking information Serene. I hate that feeling after you make plans that perhaps you made a mistake!

Gator bait - keep checking the roll call. As time gets closer we can set a time to meet in the Gotham Lounge for a drink to say hello.

The native ways tour was fabulous! Be sure to take your underwater camera as well as your regular one. there were lots of neat pics of the rays under the water, as well as the fish / reefs. And sunscreen!

In Costa Maya, we went on the ruins tour with Ivan and David's company--there is lots about them on the Port of Call Costa Maya board. It was wonderful, too. Hot, but very interesting--wonderful guide. then we stayed in the village Majahual for a while and shopped, ate, swam.

In Cozumel, we just took a taxi to Dzul Ha (free except for $7 taxi) and stayed there, swimming, sunning, eating, drinking--saw a stingray, lobster, iguana, lots of fish. then taxi to downtown for shopping. They don't want you to use sunscreen in the water there unless it is biodegradable. We didn't have any, but saw it in shops downtown, so you could probably find some at home or online beforehand.

Have fun--wish I was there again!

Kim

A great site I just found is cozumelmycozumel.com . Full of wonderful info but I had an amazing time in Chaakanaab park last year. Go early and enjoy it all. The snorkeling was astounding and the park has everything you need. Super clean and looks just like a tropical island should! Mexican resturant with terrace, coconut palm trees tropical foliage blooming and mariache band . Ahhhhh.....we are going back 8/21 on the Miracle.

Special shout out to AppleValleyCruiser - I live in Rosemount. Would love to meet you at the new Rosemount Applebee's after your cruise to see your pics! Happy honeymoon!!!

Thanks Shelly. We'd be happy to share pictures (ok, some of them;) ) over a beer! And as far as the rollcall, I wouldn't sweat it. By our rollcall count, there will be about 60 people onboard (don't I wish) :D

Tim

I have a ton of photos from the Miracle and her ports of call on my site if you want to see what some of these places look like...

http://beans-around-the-world.com/trips/miracle_photos.html

:D

Wow, thanks for the great pictures and review. Very well written! If you haven't already, I'd suggest starting a review thread with that link:D

Archived