Wine

lrockwitt

I read today they are putting a limit on wine brought on board..

There will be an $18 corkage fee after the 1st bottle.

Any truth to this? I have seen people bringing many bottles of wine on board and no one has stopped them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hmmm....what/when and where did you read exactly? Presently it is pretty clear. You are allowed to bring on one bottle per cruiser with no added corkage fee. To be enjoyed in your room.

In addition, you can bring on as many other bottles as you'd like, but you will be charged $15 per bottle. Those can be taken to the dining room, bars etc and they will be served to you.

Palm Beach Post today..

Holland America abandoned it's one bottle policy per person but added, "you can bring as many bottles as you want, with an $18 corkage fee."

You can bring as many bottles bought in ports and enjoy them during the cruise.

Palm Beach Post today..

Holland America abandoned it's one bottle policy per person but added, "you can bring as many bottles as you want, with an $18 corkage fee."

This is the Princess Boards, not HAL. The olicy outlined in the previous post is correct.

Hmmm....what/when and where did you read exactly? Presently it is pretty clear. You are allowed to bring on one bottle per cruiser with no added corkage fee. To be enjoyed in your room.

In addition, you can bring on as many other bottles as you'd like, but you will be charged $15 per bottle. Those can be taken to the dining room, bars etc and they will be served to you.

Princess will also keep it in the hold for you and return it to you the night before disembarking if you do not wish to drink it on board...ie present for someone.

Princess will also keep it in the hold for you and return it to you the night before disembarking if you do not wish to drink it on board...ie present for someone.

You are referring to buying and carrying on liquor or wine at ports of call.

Palm Beach Post today..

Sorry to hear another cruiseline joined the limiting rules.:(

Holland America actually just made its policy more lenient. It had instituted a policy limiting passengers to one bottle each and ended up with a bunch of angry passengers. There was not an option to bring on more than the allowed amount.

The new policy is reasonable to me. Whenever we have brought more bottles, they've been for consumption in the dining room. And lately, we've been charged the corkage on all those bottles. Whether we pay the corkage up front or when we take the bottle to the dining room doesn't matter in the end.