Missed Epic cruise on 2/16 because of flight cancelation

Elaineh

Hello All!! My family unfortunately had to cancel our cruise on the February 16th sailing because our flight was cancelled due to bad weather in the Northeast. We are finally over the huge disappointment and would love to hear from passengers who did make the cruise. We will live vicariously through your adventure. So glad we had insurance and it looks like we will get all our money back. We ended up skiing in NH instead and had fun but could not stop saying "we would be doing this right now if we were on the cruise." Hope to hear some great stories!! I also would like to know if someone was upgraded to our tow bedroom family suite. Suite #16016. I hope someone got a really nice surprise!!

Edited by Elaineh

Hello All!! My family unfortunately had to cancel our cruise on the February 16th sailing because our flight was cancelled due to bad weather in the Northeast. We are finally over the huge disappointment and would love to hear from passengers who did make the cruise. We will live vicariously through your adventure. So glad we had insurance and it looks like we will get all our money back. We ended up skiing in NH instead and had fun but could not stop saying "we would be doing this right now if we were on the cruise." Hope to hear some great stories!!

Aww, I'm sorry. It has been absolutely crazy weather-wise here this year. I'm glad you were still able to do something fun though!

I think they meant Getaway. Let me find the link.

Sorry about OP missing their cruise. Good attitude about for sure.

This has been one of the worst winters in a very long time

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1995797

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

So sorry to hear you missed your cruise. :( You are definitely taking it much better than I would. :o I would be firing up the blow torch and melting all the snow around me if it caused me to missed my cruise. Instead you went skiing...with the snow that created you to miss your cruise. You are awesome and I hope you get another chance to cruise the Epic.

I have decided that I'm probably no longer going to try to cruise in the winter myself just because of this issue. You just never know what could happen. Our last cruise in December, we had multiple delays due to the weather and de-icing of the planes multiple times. I'll still cruise on "off" season, but not once it hits winter and snow. :(

Hello All!! My family unfortunately had to cancel our cruise on the February 16th sailing because our flight was cancelled due to bad weather in the Northeast. We are finally over the huge disappointment and would love to hear from passengers who did make the cruise. We will live vicariously through your adventure. So glad we had insurance and it looks like we will get all our money back. We ended up skiing in NH instead and had fun but could not stop saying "we would be doing this right now if we were on the cruise." Hope to hear some great stories!! I also would like to know if someone was upgraded to our tow bedroom family suite. Suite #16016. I hope someone got a really nice surprise!!

I too am glad you had insurance, I hope everyone reads about your adventure and realizes there are lots of reasons to take insurance. At least you got to go skiing. I know that isn't the same, but you did do something.

I am so sorry you missed your cruise. I think, for many of us, our big fear when booking a cruise from early Dec to late Feb is weather. We had a rough time even in early Dec and living in AR. Luckily our flight wasn't cancelled and we had spent the night at the airport so didn't have to fight the icy roads that morning.

We were some of the lucky ones to be able to get out Friday from the Northeast between storms. When we got into FLL airport it was packed with passengers waiting for flights north. When we got to the Intercontinental Hotel in Miami where we had a reservation we were told it was full due the storms up north as well. They moved us to the Marriott about 2 blocks away for free.

The cruise weather was perfect 80+ every day with light seas. Ochio Rios was new to us and we did the Cool Running's cat sailing, and Dunn's River Falls. A lot of fun.

Costa Maya was a little disappointing. The last time we were there 2 years ago outside the port was being built up with Hard Rock Cafe and other businesses but they are all closed now. We still had a pretty good beach day. I will be surprised if NCL continues to go to this port.

In Cozumel you had a lot of vendors pushing there goods. A little to much for us. We had booked the Cozumel Bar Hop to the far side of the Island and that was a great time.

Overall a great trip.

We are just home from that sailing and stayed a few doors down from the suite that you had booked, I recall that it was occupied but can't say by who.

There were a few others guests that we met during the week that got out the North east the morning of departure, some with only a short time to spare before making the port after trying to get out for a few days before.

The Haven was busier than what we have experienced in the past this year with younger families with President's Week, weather was great, and service was excellent and you could get a lounger by the pool or in Posh

I hope that you are able to rebook and get back on the EPIC before it sets sail for Europe in a few months.