Cruise price watcher

Wilson07

Hello,

I am new to this site and I am not sure of I missed this thread somewhere. I have been on many cruises, but we just booked a junior suite and were hoping to get a better price than what we got. We wanted to watch the prices instead of going on everyday to Royal Caribbean website to see if the price dropped. Does anyone know what good site offers this service and notifies you at no cost

Also, the room we booked is at the aft of the ship. The representative from RC said its the best place to be on the ship. So I am just not sure if he was trying to sell it or if that is other peoples opinion. I have always been at mid ship with balcony.

Advice would help!

Thank you!

I may be wrong but I believe Royal Caribbean and Carnival will not allow any TA to lower their price. So, you won't find any price lower than those companies. However is you see a lower price after you've booked you may not be able to get or match that price.

As someone else suggested, just do a Google search for "cruise price drop alerts". My favorite site is at the top. You have to subscribe, but the initial cost is a reasonable $4.95. That will cover monitoring five cruises at $.99 each. You can monitor as many cabin categories as you want for each cruise, and you can monitor any or all of four conditions - price goes down, price goes up, price becomes unavailable, price becomes available. You can also monitor availability of discounts - senior, residency, etc. And, you can request that an email is sent whenever one of those conditions occurs.

On our last three cruises that $2.97 fee spent ($.99 per cruise) has saved us over $4,000 - $2,340 on just the last cruise alone. That's a pretty good return for a $2.97 investment. Be aware, though, that not all cruises see price drops. Our next cruise has proven so popular that the ship is 2/3rd sold out, and it's still 11 months from now. Prices haven't budged at all, and I wouldn't be surprised if they go UP instead of down.

CruiseCritic now has a price drop section, though it's not as helpful.

Edited by boogs

Perhaps Cruise Critic's own price drop page is what you are looking for?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/price-drop/?order_type=drop&order_by=DESC&destination=Europe&sail_month=07-2014&cruise_line=Celebrity+Cruises&cabin_type=&length=

You can subscribe or just view it. It lists all price drops for a particular month/cruiseline. I've found it very helpful.

The site has price drops listed on the main page. You type in your cruising info and it brings up any changes in price .

I was on RC last year in a balcony in the back and it was fabulous. You can sit and watch the wake and still get all the views too.

There is a school of thought among some cruisers that aft cabins are the best on the ship, but that's going to be an individual preference.

Enjoy your cruise.

Very much do. There are some that swear by aft cabins and won't do anything else. I don't think the rep was feeding you a line. Aft cabins tend to be priced higher and if the demand wasn't there then they wouldn't be able to sustain that pricing.

Personally although I enjoy watching the wake from top decks I find the vibration too bothersome to have a cabin back there. I'm a midship or forward kinda guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk