Dawn arriving a little late today

calmpets

Looks like the Dawn got caught in another fog delay in Tampa this morning. She just passed under the Sunshine Bridge a few minutes ago. The visibility is still pretty bad, according to the ship's webcam. Marine Traffic's website indicates they should arrive around 9:30am.

Edited by calmpets
additional info

All the ships were late yesterday in Tampa too..

(had friends boarding Carnival and they texted embarkation didn't start until 2-2:30 due to late arrival from the fog)

Just that time of year for the fog.

Hoping it warms up enough by April 6, so our Dawn cruise gets off on time.

NCL Just posted an update on Facebook:

Norwegian Cruise Line

We have some important Information for guests embarking on board Norwegian Dawn today, February 23:

Due to dense fog in the Tampa Bay area, Norwegian Dawn’s arrival into the Port of Tampa will be delayed.

For your comfort, please delay your arrival to the Port of Tampa until after 2pm as the facilities at the pier are limited. The ship’s departure is now scheduled for 5 pm.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard.

I am glad I checked here! We were just thinking about heading over. Thanks for posting.

I guess I am going to need my pee cup for the long lines and limited port facilities? :p

Coka

Relax the Dawn is still about 20-30 minutes from being docked. Those onboard with early flights are breaking out in a cold sweat. :eek:

Edited by time2cruise1

Relax the Dawn is still about 20-30 minutes from being docked. Those onboard with early flights are breaking out in a cold sweat. :eek:

I do feel bad about that! I have three days after cruise to get home.

We are waiting in Clearwater right now. I want to head to my sisters pool right outside her doorway and my hubby and brother want to leave for ship now. I told them to relax too! Heheheheh! Thanks Jim!

Louise

I do feel bad about that! I have three days after cruise to get home.

We are waiting in Clearwater right now. I want to head to my sisters pool right outside her doorway and my hubby and brother want to leave for ship now. I told them to relax too! Heheheheh! Thanks Jim!

Louise

They are most likely just doing easy walk off starting now. Last week we docked before 7:00 and I was off the ship at 9:00 as first VIP. I can't see boarding starting before 2:00 and the waiting area can not hold everyone so there will be lines outside until the first boarding passengers make room.

There is very long line winding all around . One guy suggested we go to channel side and come back at three.... We waited in line for five minutes before we took suggestion....now in shade sipping piña colada right next to carnival legend... I guess it is the next best thing to cagneys embarkation lunch !

I gave my water away to an elderly lady having hard time outside terminal near channel side

I am allowed to use the bowling alley bathroom according to our bartender

There is very long line winding all around . One guy suggested we go to channel side and come back at three.... We waited in line for five minutes before we took suggestion....now in shade sipping piña colada right next to carnival legend... I guess it is the next best thing to cagneys embarkation lunch !

I gave my water away to an elderly lady having hard time outside terminal near channel side

I am allowed to use the bowling alley bathroom according to our bartender

Are many of the bars/restaurants on that side open now?

Yes, we are at the boathouse bar right now. Fusion flambé looks good but we are doing liquid lunch... Band getting set up so I am getting off the stage where I was sitting. Carnival legend is delayed too... They begin boarding at four. We are walking back over to port... Mr coka says he can not afford to stay here, hahaha

Yes, we are at the boathouse bar right now. Fusion flambé looks good but we are doing liquid lunch... Band getting set up so I am getting off the stage where I was sitting. Carnival legend is delayed too... They begin boarding at four. We are walking back over to port... Mr coka says he can not afford to stay here, hahaha

Lol we stopped at park on bay shore for awhile. Let me know how it is when ou get back to the port.

We are at entrance... Still long line...met guy who said they told him to come back at four...we are just standing under tree...we aregoingup the stairs now... I knew I should have not left the bar... The band just started...huge line too for legend...they are all standing along channelsidedrive