3rd time to Belize - what to do now??? Can't decide

taymiss2

Cave Tubing? - done that

Ruins? done that.

Now what? Our upcoming cruise is March 16th. Determined to get out on the water this time.

While tempted to book a ship excursion to avoid the tender situation, as soon as I decide that, I see the prices and change my mind - the shark/ray/caye caulker trip though NCL is $109 times four people! So then I go back to just taking the water taxi to CC. Worry that my very active husband and two girls will get bored if we just wander around town. I see snorkel operators doing trips from CC but their timing won't work for cruise passengers.

I don't see any independent tours doing a snorkel/with a stop at CC.

Ahhhhhh, I have bounced around between Bannister Island (which I am not sure they even go there anymore) Goffs and CC for weeks. What to do, what to do. I keeping coming back to the water taxi but...

Edited by taymiss2

I will look at Fab tours. Coral breeze hasn't been getting very good reviews which has kept me away from them. I guess I can always wait until we get to shore and see which tour operators are available. I usually like to have my s*** together though to know what we are doing and where we are going once our feet hit land.

Thank you.

We were in the same situation. Our 3rd trip there we'd done the ruins and snorkeling. We took the water taxi to Caye Caulker and loved our day. It was very easy to get to the water taxi station (just the other side of the port gate) and the schedule have us plenty of time to relax at the split with some Belikins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CDNJehn

It depends what you like, but I am looking at going to the Belize Zoo, since it is supposed to be one of the best zoos in the Americas. The story behind it is pretty neat also.

Also, the Belize rainforest is supposed to be as good as that in Costa Rica, but I don't know of any day tours from the port yet.

Some people take a plane to Isla San Pedro, which would get you on the water.

Our next is March 16 also, Carnival Magic, 3rd time to Belize. Coral Breeze ruined our last one . Bannister was good , but has been sold . They are now doing South Water Caye I believe, don't know anything about it. I think this time we will just have breakfast when we feel like it, take the tender to port and just hang out there for a few Belikins.. then return to ship before the last minute tender rush..

Only the ship-booked tours will pickup at the ship. That's worth paying for, but not what their asking and not sure it's worth the crowds that go with it.

I wrestled with this for weeks and finally booked this one...

http://www.ecotoursbelize.com/snorkeling.html#snorkeling

EcoTours $45 pp.

"Goff's Caye Island Getaway"

Departure time: 9:30 am or 10:30 am - 4 hours

(They'll make sure you have plenty of time to make the excursion and get back to the ship).

Goff's Caye Island Getaway

Goff's Caye is an island 25 minutes away from Belize City/Cruise Port by boat. This scenic boat ride takes you past numerous mangrove islands, which are natural habitats for Brown Boobies,Cormorants,Terns and the fierce Frigate birds and occasionally bottle nose dolphins are spotted.

Goff's Caye sits directly on top of the worlds's second largest Barrier Reef making it the best location for a world class unlimited snorkeling experience. Goff's Caye is a natural coral sand island making it the ultimate beach experience for the entire family, kids can build their dream sand castles or simply splash in its turquoise blue waters. Goff's Caye measures approximately 1.2acres. There are no beach chairs, so bring your beach towels and if you wish you can bring your own snacks. On your own you can enjoy a picnic style B–B–Q or Chicken Kabobs or even grilled lobster tails, cold beers and coconuts are also on sale.

I'll report back in April.

I recommend Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker. If you can find a company that includes a snorkel visit at Shark/Ray Alley and the Reef, you will have a full but totally AMAZING day. We went through Coral Breeze, but it was before they took a hit in the review department. It was worth every penny and more that we spent on the tour.