Irritated with NCL personal cruise consultant

gkrnjlr

Please let us know how you make it - I too would like to 'switch' to someone efficient and responsive but getting the run around and not sure how to make this happen! Thanks...

First call was on or before May 18th - I left a voice mail with the supervisor who needs to approve the change. No return call.

Just called again. I was on hold a LONG TIME - and then transferred, talked with someone that I thought was a supervisor. Turns out he isn't, supervisor was in a meeting and I left another message . . .

I must say that after reading all the comments in this thread, I feel very lucky. I have had the same PCC since 2008, and she is great. I am usually in contact with her by e-mail, because that is the way I prefer it myself - since I find it easier to "avoid" any misunderstandings that way. Whenever I send her an e-mail, I usually receive an answer within 1-2 hours with the "issue" taken care of. And if it happens to be the week-end or she is off for one reason or another, I always receive an auto-reply with her cellphone number if it is something important that can't wait.

And she is one of the Mesa based ones - one of the senior PCC's.... :)

First call was on or before May 18th - I left a voice mail with the supervisor who needs to approve the change. No return call.

Just called again. I was on hold a LONG TIME - and then transferred, talked with someone that I thought was a supervisor. Turns out he isn't, supervisor was in a meeting and I left another message . . .

Just called again and was on hold a LONG TIME again . . . still hasn't been changed. I called the PCC direct line 877-416-9722 and the person I talked with is going to give the information to her supervisor . . .

Just called again and was on hold a LONG TIME again . . . still hasn't been changed. I called the PCC direct line 877-416-9722 and the person I talked with is going to give the information to her supervisor . . .

So after THREE calls to the supervisor with the last one on June 4th, today I get a call - from the OLD PCC that I don't want. His supervisor told him that I needed some assistance.

If I had wanted to talk to the PCC, I would have called him :mad:

Fourth call to a supervisor - had to leave a message and he actually called me back!!

Went through the whole story with dates that I sent e-mails with no response, etc, etc.

I think he got tired of hearing story because he asked what I wanted - to change PCC? He said he would do it and to give it until Monday to show on-line.

So, will call back next Tuesday and maybe I will be switched ??

I am not clear on what the advantages may be in using a PCC. Over the years, we've had two and a third one keeps calling to ask us to book with him. Both of the ones we used were perfectly nice and did as I requested when booking. However, the prices/deals seemed to be no different from what I could get by calling NCL directly, we received no upgrades, and I think I get more information from Cruise Critic than either PCC. In fact, my PCC experiences seem to have been a bit more negative than positive. For example, we were called and "gently" admonished by the first PCC we'd used after we called NCL and were transferred to a different PCC with whom we booked a cruise. And when we found a price drop for that cruise and called NCL, we were told we had to go through our PCC who took days getting back to us because she had been out. After that, I stopped using a PCC and now handle everything directly through NCL. Am I missing some sort of rewards of which I am unaware?

Bluewake - I was told that a PCC could watch for great deals (as I'm retiring soon, I could do last minute cruises from nearby ports) as well as watch for price drops on cruises I'm booked for. However, it isn't working well.

The team lead I talked to lied to me - he did NOT change my PCC by this past Monday as promised. I left a voice mail message for him.

Anyone have any ideas how to escalate this???

Thanks!

Bluewake - I was told that a PCC could watch for great deals (as I'm retiring soon, I could do last minute cruises from nearby ports) as well as watch for price drops on cruises I'm booked for. However, it isn't working well.

The team lead I talked to lied to me - he did NOT change my PCC by this past Monday as promised. I left a voice mail message for him.

Anyone have any ideas how to escalate this???

Thanks!

You have to send an email to your PCC's supervisor. I am not sure if you know the supervisor's name or not but you can call and ask whoever it is that answers the phone. Your email has to state that you no longer wish for ________ to be your PCC and that you would like to be assigned a new one.

Good luck!

I have made sure I was talking to a supervisor - but not sure if the last one was the supervisor of my PCC. They never mentioned sending an e-m and I'm not sure who his supervisor is.

I sent a facebook message and they replied saying they "would handle it immediately" and asked for my personal information.

Now we see if that works . . .

You have to send an email to your PCC's supervisor. I am not sure if you know the supervisor's name or not but you can call and ask whoever it is that answers the phone. Your email has to state that you no longer wish for ________ to be your PCC and that you would like to be assigned a new one.

Good luck!

I tried that several times - NO RESPONSE FROM SUPERVISOR!!! how awful is that?

I have made sure I was talking to a supervisor - but not sure if the last one was the supervisor of my PCC. They never mentioned sending an e-m and I'm not sure who his supervisor is.

I sent a facebook message and they replied saying they "would handle it immediately" and asked for my personal information.

Now we see if that works . . .

That is awesome news - glad it worked out for you (and hope the new PCC is a good one!)

Hmm maybe I should try the FB thing and see if that gets me anywhere? Did you send like a'private' message via their page? or post somewhere? I don't really want to post names if you know what i mean??

Edited by Froufie

I tried that several times - NO RESPONSE FROM SUPERVISOR!!! how awful is that?

WOW! That's pretty crappy!

Just wow!

Unbelievably bad customer service. In fact my gf has the same crappy PCC and she emailed me an 'exchange she had with him (an email thread) where he has taken a week to get back to her (after she had emailed him several times), then never answers her questions completely so she has to continue the correspondence....then he finally says something like 'look I make mistakes'....which I found quite comical....

So I actually EMAILED THAT THREAD to the supervisor to indicate the kind of service we are getting and guess what??? NO RESPONSE TO THAT EITHER?

I have just about given up and hope I have no reason to contact him or the supervisor as I see nothing will happen (and I am probably 'blacklisted' somewhere back there in the NCL batcave so no one will want to deal with me! :eek::rolleyes:)

Hmm maybe I should try the FB thing and see if that gets me anywhere? Did you send like a'private' message via their page? or post somewhere? I don't really want to post names if you know what i mean??

I sent a private message - no names until they responded.

My new PCC was highly recommended.

I may get to test her tomorrow - I'm having trouble booking a meal for my upcoming cruise.