Suite allocations, world cruise?

Ravenscroft

Yes, but we do not embark until April 09 in Mumbai so we aren't panicking yet :)

Are you onboard all the way to Venice? We just have 15 days, boarding in Hong Kong 14 March.

I believe that the ship is now fully booked for the remaining segments, so had hoped for a suite number by now as surely the allocations can be done at this point.

Anyway, have a great cruise!

(should add, not panicking, just curious to know where I'm going to be living) :D

Edited by Ravenscroft

Is there anyone else here who is still waiting for their suite allocation for a segment on the current world cruise?

We are on the HK to Mumbai segment and have not yet received notification of our suite no. However , we have been offered a suite upgrade to purchase within the last few days , so it appears SB is still trying to generate more revenue. From memory, I think we received our last suite allocation about a week to 10 days before the cruise.

We are on the HK to Mumbai segment and have not yet received notification of our suite no. However , we have been offered a suite upgrade to purchase within the last few days , so it appears SB is still trying to generate more revenue. From memory, I think we received our last suite allocation about a week to 10 days before the cruise.

Thank you fifi1, you've confirmed what one of our party was told by the TA.

We were on a GTY on our last cruise, because that one was booked very close to departure. I think we got our allocation in that instance about a week before too.

We are also GTY boarding HK on 14 March and disembarking in Mumbai.

We normally book specific V6 Deck 8 suite but GTY was all that was available for this cruise. So we are waiting to hear what comes up too.

Yes, we normally book specific V6 Deck 7, but like yourselves we could only book GTY for this cruise (I believe that's normal for world cruise segments ).

If we were offered an upsell to PH we'd definitely consider it, but I'm not sure there are any of that category remaining.

Not long to wait till embarkation now! :DIt's gone very quickly this last few weeks.

Curly, we're disembarking in Singapore so if you see 5 people looking very unhappy - that will be us!

We got our docs quite a while ago, I was surprised they arrived so soon before the cruise.

Last time we were GTY we boarded in Stockholm. We knew our suite number but there hadn't been time to send replacement luggage tags with the suite number printed on. We were made to feel a bit uncomfortable at check in, when we handed over the suitcases without suite numbers printed on the labels there was a bit of a kerfuffle. It was if they'd never seen GTY on a tag before!

Five get impatient :p

:D two of the five are impatient, both are female ;). The men and the youngster simply don't care. I'm a creature of habit and like to know in advance where I'm going to be living .

Time for some jolly japes and ginger beer!

:D two of the five are impatient, both are female ;). The men and the youngster simply don't care. I'm a creature of habit and like to know in advance where I'm going to be living .

Time for some jolly japes and ginger beer!

Lashings of ginger beer!! Have a great cruise.

Is there anyone else here who is still waiting for their suite allocation for a segment on the current world cruise?

We boarded the World Cruise in Los Angeles/Long Beach, and did not receive our cabin assignment until a week before departure. It appeared on line with our booking number. Then our travel agent twisted arms to get us an upgrade to a higher "V" level. That new cabin number also appeared just two days before departure on line. The Seabourn portion of the disembarkation was so seamless that we were almost instantly transported into our cabin as soon as we signed the credit card docs and had our picture taken. And the bags we had sent on ahead were waiting for us in the cabin. Waiting for the cabin assignment did add to the drama, but I must admit that I had too much time on my hands before departure that I was easily swept up into any drama that came along. Happy sailing!

We were GTY suite with balcony last year for a segment of 41 days on the Quest world cruise. No suite until 1 day ahead of boarding. They had us in 502. I don't know if you realize that some balconies on deck 5 become smaller from about 510 forward. 502 is greatly diminished. We were not happy and their solution was to buy higher. Fortunately we got a cabin with full balcony as another guest upgraded. I was unaware of the balcony disappearing act and furthermore had it in my mind that I would be treated extremely well since I was sailing for 41 nights. I was wrong. I'm only relating this so that you won't find yourself in the same position. Maybe TA can check.

hi there, Ravenscroft, have you had your suite allocated yet, or anyone else on a world cruise segment on a guarantee?

Hi curly wurly, yes, all 3 suites for our group were allocated at the end of last week, 14 days before departure date.

Everyone's happy and we're all set, just a few days now before we leave for Hong Kong.

How about you, any news yet?

We were GTY suite with balcony last year for a segment of 41 days on the Quest world cruise. No suite until 1 day ahead of boarding. They had us in 502. I don't know if you realize that some balconies on deck 5 become smaller from about 510 forward. 502 is greatly diminished. We were not happy and their solution was to buy higher. Fortunately we got a cabin with full balcony as another guest upgraded. I was unaware of the balcony disappearing act and furthermore had it in my mind that I would be treated extremely well since I was sailing for 41 nights. I was wrong. I'm only relating this so that you won't find yourself in the same position. Maybe TA can check.

This is a good point for people new to the concept of GTY, thanks for posting.

For this cruise, we had a guarantee of a V5, so we didn't risk the less desirable suites on deck 5 this time around.

However last time we were GTY Veranda, so we could have been allocated any category from V1 to V6.

I will reiterate what I've said elsewhere. This is now the second time we've had to take a chance on a GTY in order to take a specific cruise. There are a couple of suites in each category that I consider to be less desirable than others, so for me the GTY concept is very risky and I would be very reluctant to take the risk in the future.

But of course if the same situation arises and a cruise we want only has GTY left to sell.....well who knows what we'd do. :)

Hi curly wurly, yes, all 3 suites for our group were allocated at the end of last week, 14 days before departure date.

Everyone's happy and we're all set, just a few days now before we leave for Hong Kong.

How about you, any news yet?

No news yet, I keep checking every day, along with re writing my packing list. Can't believe I still get so excited about going on holiday. Mind you, its not just any holiday it's a Seabourn cruise!! We have only opted for a basic window suite guarantee, and having stayed in 430 on the Quest before, we were quite comfortable and had no complaints. We have been upgraded several times in the past, but don't expect it. We are just happy to be on board. Hope you and your gang have a fabulous time. I note that Captain Mark Dexter is now at the helm and I have been checking out his blog. Puts us in the mood!! Curly Wurly.

Have done gty's 3 times. This time boarding in LA we received our "upgrade"--2 categories--two days before we boarded. Ditto comments re: seamless boarding in LA--All appeared as if we had originally booked this suite from the start--Seabourn WOW again. Do not fear.

That said there has been so much enormous discounting of the rest of the world cruise since LA that "things" may have changed. Whatever your situation, enjoy every Seabourn second. It is, truly, all good!

That said there has been so much enormous discounting of the rest of the world cruise since LA that "things" may have changed. Whatever your situation, enjoy every Seabourn second. It is, truly, all good!

Can you clarify this please? Do you mean that the segments have been discounted since the ship left LA in January? We booked this cruise several months before it left LA and the price we paid here in the UK certainly didn't appear to have been subjected to 'much enormous discounting'. The fares were comparable per diem to what we paid for the Holiday cruise in 2012. If the fares have been reduced so drastically since we paid for it, I'll be making a call to my TA!

I thought that once you paid for the full cruise (Including, air, hotel and transfers)that the price was fixed a would not change in the last 120 days before the cruise. I don't think a TA can help.

Anyway should find about suite allocation in about a week for Mar 29 - May1,14

I thought that once you paid for the full cruise (Including, air, hotel and transfers)that the price was fixed a would not change in the last 120 days before the cruise. I don't think a TA can help.

Anyway should find about suite allocation in about a week for Mar 29 - May1,14

:D

Just a few points....

'Full cruise' as you write ie air, hotel and transfers were not booked in this case, it was cruise only.

However a TA can certainly help if the cruise only price changes, we've had this happen in the past and had our price reduced accordingly.

Perhaps it's dependent on the location and calibre of the TA.;)

We already have suite allocations, so I assume your comment about March 29th is aimed at someone else on the thread, as that's the day we disembark.