Coffee card?

alyssa0922

Sorry, I know this has already been talked about, but we all know the search has been disabled... When will it work again?

Anyways, coffee card. How much, how many drinks, can more than one person use the card?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry, I know this has already been talked about, but we all know the search has been disabled... When will it work again?

Anyways, coffee card. How much, how many drinks, can more than one person use the card?

I don't know when the search will work again.

Around $33 on board to purchase a card. If you purchase ahead of time you save a little at $31. Just call Princess.

15 specialty drinks per card (it's a punch card) and unlimited brewed coffee on the voyage of purchase.

As far as more than one person using the card goes, you'll get multiple answers. Here are some:

Princess will tell you it is OK for more than one person to use the card for all its benefits (specialty drinks and brewed coffee). It doesn't have your name on it, so don't lose it.

My personal experience with the bartenders/baristas indicates the procedure is as Princess says.

Some CC members will impose their own standards and tell you that each person must have a card for the unlimited brewed coffee, contrary to what Princess says.

I think the card is good for unlimited hot chocolate and specialty tea as well. I don't usually drink tea or hot chocolate so I'm not sure.

Around $33 on board to purchase a card. If you purchase ahead of time you save a little at $31. Just call Princess.

15 specialty drinks per card (it's a punch card) and unlimited brewed coffee on the voyage of purchase.

As far as more than one person using the card goes, you'll get multiple answers. Here are some:

Princess will tell you it is OK for more than one person to use the card for all its benefits (specialty drinks and brewed coffee). It doesn't have your name on it, so don't lose it.

My personal experience with the bartenders/baristas indicates the procedure is as Princess says.

Some CC members will impose their own standards and tell you that each person must have a card for the unlimited brewed coffee, contrary to what Princess says.

I think the card is good for unlimited hot chocolate and specialty tea as well. I don't usually drink tea or hot chocolate so I'm not sure.

I had the same questions as OP. Hoping yours is the correct answer:D Thinking about getting a coffee card for me but dh does not drink specialty coffees. Or would I have to go to lido deck to get his coffee and then go to IC to get my specialty coffee, especially if we are planning on getting a pastry in the am.

So could I get a specialty coffee and a regular coffee at the same time?

Can I purchase it in the cruise personalizer or do I have to call princess? Will it be in my stateroom when I get on the ship?

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

Phone them.

Edited by chrysalis

Can I purchase it in the cruise personalizer or do I have to call princess? Will it be in my stateroom when I get on the ship?

You have to call. Technically it's a gift to yourself.

What you'll find in your stateroom will be a voucher for your coffee card. You take it to the IC and they'll check it against a list and then voila, you get your card.

Use it for anything on this menu - but anything under $2.22 is cheaper to just sign for it than to use a punch.

Brewed coffee and Mighty Leaf tea are served without a punch, subject to the barista's checking the dated back of the card.

ImageUploadedByForums1393192653.619432.jpg.6b2e0907b760fe282a14821874d4ebb3.jpg

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Edited by sminfiddle

If you are booked on a 14 day cruise that is actually 2 - 7 days cruises....can I use the same coffee card for my entire 14 days?

I booked as 1 cruise not a back to back...

For fresh brewed coffee, the card is to be used only for one cruise. Since you booked as one cruise, it should keep you in fresh brewed coffee and teas throughout the 14 days!

However, the specialty drinks require your card to get punched each time. The card is still good for those drinks until all the punches have been used on the card. My card has now sailed twice - a year ago to Hawaii and this winter to the Caribbean. I still have some room for punches and will take it once again on our next cruise. It is sitting with the paperwork for it right now! So do not throw away your card until you have gotten your card fully punched.

We've had a mixed bag experience with this issue. Most of the bartenders/baristas will give one of us two brewed coffees with one card, even if only one of us is present. However, on the Coral in April 2012 and the Diamond in May 2013, we were several times told "I need to see two cards to give you two brewed coffees". They never seemed to have a problem doing two punches on one card for two specialty coffees. We've always been told each person needs their own card. I think we would buy two cards anyway, since we're not always together when the coffee urge strikes!

We've had a mixed bag experience with this issue. Most of the bartenders/baristas will give one of us two brewed coffees with one card, even if only one of us is present. However, on the Coral in April 2012 and the Diamond in May 2013, we were several times told "I need to see two cards to give you two brewed coffees". They never seemed to have a problem doing two punches on one card for two specialty coffees. We've always been told each person needs their own card. I think we would buy two cards anyway, since we're not always together when the coffee urge strikes!

Hmmm ... now that I think about it, it was our last cruise on the Dawn where the barista never asked to see two cards. However, that said, the head barista was also the same person who cashed in four vouchers at the beginning of the cruise. Thus he knew we had multiple cards although we only presented one at a time.

There have been multiple reports on other threads that Princess reps (FWIW) consistently say that a coffee card can be shared for the brewed coffee. Whether it's for a single cabin or not is not clear.

Next cruise we're getting eight cards ahead of time ... 61 days at two punches per day minus the five punches we have left from the last cruise divided by 15 punches per card ... :eek: my head hurts.

However, on the Coral in April 2012 and the Diamond in May 2013, we were several times told "I need to see two cards to give you two brewed coffees".

I always asked for two of the large "to go" coffees.... both for myself. They only fill the paper cup 2/3 full, so I get two partial cups and head up to the pool deck or back to my cabin balcony to enjoy my morning coffee at my leisure. I'm not going to get one cup, stand there and chug it back, then ask for another.... that's just dumb. We are adults here! No one asked to see two cards, or if the coffees were for one or two people.

At $1.75 per cup (plus .25 tip), two (partial) cups would be $4 per day, or $32 over 8 days if you pay as you go. With the card, I get my big ol' mug of good coffee, and DH can have a few specialties when he feels like it (yes, the Princess barista said this was perfectly fine.)

If you are a "one tea-cup sized-coffee per day" drinker, then it would be cheaper to just pay as you go. You just have to figure out what works best for you.

Peg

The Coffee Card:

Brewed coffeeis $1.00/cup, most specialty coffees are $3.00, espresso $2.50.

$33.35 buys you a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the Cafe and other lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffeecard is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card can carry over to the next cruise for punch outs only.

Syrup coffee is not faux coffee (like chicory).

The syrup is processed from honest to goodness real coffee beans.

The problem is in the processing and, same as with brewed, the quality of the bean.

Bill, a co-owner of my favorite coffee store

http://www.javacoffee.com/

told me that there are in fact different grades of syrup, some of which are actually drinkable.

Unfortunately, Princess's syrup based coffee must be the cheapest available product because the resulting drink is absolutely vile stuff

Edited by Stevesan