Suite Perks

ajtaylor29

Can someone help clarify what the "perks" are with an ocean suite? Best i can tell, the main perk is a great cabin and balcony! And, priority boarding.

From posts i've read on here, my understanding is that the suite does NOT get us priority boarding on tenders, it does NOT get our cabin ready early, so based on that i decided to go ahead and book FTTF (to me, being able to go straight to our cabin and drop off our carry-ons is worth the $50 alone!!!)

In addition, we've got our teenagers in an inside cabin. I wanted to make sure they could board priority with us. My PVP said she was ALMOST positive that they would (since they're considered minors) but her answer didn't reassure me very much....

My PVP also assured me that we would get priority tenders, she couldn't understand why i wanted FTTF and kept talking me out of it. But, a few days ago when they became available again, i purchased for both cabins.

Now, i'm wondering if it was a mistake and a waste of $100. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Can someone help clarify what the "perks" are with an ocean suite? Best i can tell, the main perk is a great cabin and balcony! And, priority boarding.

From posts i've read on here, my understanding is that the suite does NOT get us priority boarding on tenders, it does NOT get our cabin ready early, so based on that i decided to go ahead and book FTTF (to me, being able to go straight to our cabin and drop off our carry-ons is worth the $50 alone!!!)

In addition, we've got our teenagers in an inside cabin. I wanted to make sure they could board priority with us. My PVP said she was ALMOST positive that they would (since they're considered minors) but her answer didn't reassure me very much....

My PVP also assured me that we would get priority tenders, she couldn't understand why i wanted FTTF and kept talking me out of it. But, a few days ago when they became available again, i purchased for both cabins.

Now, i'm wondering if it was a mistake and a waste of $100. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Suite guests do not get priority tendering. However, your teenagers can board with you as they are minors and will most likely be on your credit card. For priority tendering, each Platinum guest is able to take five people with them. Faster to the Fun may also allow this, but somebody else will have to confirm that. They probably will be able to go on the tenders with you, especially because they are minors.

On our last carnival cruise we had a suite and FTTF. When we checked in the suite people told us we got on just as quick as FTTF - and we did. They also said there was no benefit to us (except guest services which I rarely use) We didn't tender on the cruise. We asked for a refund for FTTF and got it.

Disembarkment is not any better. Except you get zone 1 and you are on your own. No perks with a suite. Suite rooms are bigger and you pay more. No suite dinning area. No suite seating ect.

On our last carnival cruise we had a suite and FTTF. When we checked in the suite people told us we got on just as quick as FTTF - and we did. They also said there was no benefit to us (except guest services which I rarely use) We didn't tender on the cruise. We asked for a refund for FTTF and got it.

when you got on, were you able to go right to your cabin? And did you luggage arrive early?

I rarely use guest services either, but we do have a tender port this trip

We were on the Breeze the end of January. We had an Ocean Suite on the Empress Deck but did NOT have FTTF. We had Priority Embark. We were not allowed in our room early (though not an issue with us as everyone was allowed on by 12:45) and did not have our luggage delivered until 5:45. Our Carnival PVP also told us FTTF was not necessary for an Ocean Suite and said it would be a waste of money because we would have all the perks - but we didn't (again, not a problem for us). If you do want to go directly to your cabin & have your luggage delivered early, then FTTF is the way to go. The extras we enjoyed were the larger cabin (with a couch & chair) and larger bathroom (double sinks & a jetted tub/shower combo) and the walk-in closet with extra storage.

what about laundry? I thought I read somewhere that was included for suites.

No laundry is included with a suite.

Platinum/Diamond guests do receive 3 bags of laundry PP on a 7-day cruise.

Sorry to get picky but Diamond guests still receive unlimited laundry. Not that it matters because I don't see how anyone can use 3 bags of laundry on a 7 night cruise, especially if there are two Platinums per cabin and then you get 6 bags.

We were on the Breeze the end of January. We had an Ocean Suite on the Empress Deck but did NOT have FTTF. We had Priority Embark. We were not allowed in our room early (though not an issue with us as everyone was allowed on by 12:45) and did not have our luggage delivered until 5:45. Our Carnival PVP also told us FTTF was not necessary for an Ocean Suite and said it would be a waste of money because we would have all the perks - but we didn't (again, not a problem for us). If you do want to go directly to your cabin & have your luggage delivered early, then FTTF is the way to go. The extras we enjoyed were the larger cabin (with a couch & chair) and larger bathroom (double sinks & a jetted tub/shower combo) and the walk-in closet with extra storage.

Thanks so much for the info! Just as i suspected....and you've confirmed my hunch - i'll just keep the FTTF for our cabins and not have to worry about what i'm supposed to have/not have the whole cruise. I'd rather relax and worry about my next DOD! :)

We had a suite on our honeymoon... really the only benefit was a bigger room and getting on the ship faster (the little private seating area was nice, but not a deal maker/breaker). We didn't get into our room any faster. I think it actually took us the longest on that cruise to get access to our room than the other 2 cruises prior. And we didn't get our luggage until later also.

You only get one honeymoon (in most cases lol) so we opted for the suite, but next time we'll save the extra $ and stick with a balcony.

Enjoy your trip!