B2B advice please

We are looking at booking a B2B on the Radiance for Alaska, Vancouver to Seward and return.

What will happen on turnaround day?

Will we be allowed to stay on the ship or will we have to leave and go through embarkation again?

You may have to leave the ship briefly, but you won't have to go through the same check-in process you did at initial embarkation. Also, if you have the same stateroom for both cruises, you won't have to pack and unpack again.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Hoping I can be helped with another question. Is there a way we can bring our 2 bottles of wine for the 2nd cruise when we first embark or will we have to find somewhere to buy it during the turnaround?

You are supposed to be able to bring 4 bottles on during embarkation for the first cruise:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=5447&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqType=faq

You will get info in you cabin regarding the process. Typically the Loyalty Ambassador will meet the group at a designated location and take all of the

B2B folks through the process. They will give you a new key card, you will also get a new folio account. Basically - you just ping out with your old card, walk through immigration, ping in with your new card and you're good to go. Takes about 30 minutes. Oh, sometimes they have a special lunch, but I haven't experienced that.

Have fun! :p

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Hoping I can be helped with another question. Is there a way we can bring our 2 bottles of wine for the 2nd cruise when we first embark or will we have to find somewhere to buy it during the turnaround?

Under their rules, you carry on the four at initial embarkation, they hold two for you and give them to you on Day 1 of cruise #2.

In real practice, if each of you carries on two bottles, and you don't walk through the security line hand in hand (;)), nothing will happen to you.

:)

You have to go off the ship and then get your new card and back on. They also have a nice lunch in the mdr for you. Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It doesn't really matter very much, but this is not the usual order of things.

You get your new SeaPass card onboard, before disembarking between the cruises.

You "ding" out with your old card, walk around the terminal showing your passport to the local customs officials, then return to the ship, having a new picture taken and "dinging" in with your new card.

Not all ships or all cruises have the same offer of lunch on turnaround day for consecutive cruisers.

You have to go off the ship and then get your new card and back on. They also have a nice lunch in the mdr for you. Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The "nice lunch" only takes place if a certain number of b2b's are returning. I'm not sure of the number but it seems to be about 50. We done b2b's with the lunch and without the lunch. (Just don't want anyone to be disappointed if it doesn't happen on their cruise.)

We did B2B in Alaska on Celebrity only the other direction. Seward to Vancouver. They are not used to people doing B2B on the Alaskan itinerary and we had a few problems. Seward is a great little town. I would advise getting off the ship and walking around. Not far, you don't need a cab. Less than a 5 minute walk. Great thing about B2B is if you buy alcohol on the ship including wine they deliver it to your room on the last night and then you have it for the return cruise. We had 11 family members join us on the second half and it was nice having a drink before diner on our balcony. Yes, Aft family was big enough for all of us.

On our last Alaska B2B, if we didn't want to get off the ship (Radiance) we let the crew member know at the meeting point and she took the info so we could be zeroed out. If we were getting off for an excursion or to go into Seward, we just walked off and zeroed out at the gangway. Of course, we had our new SeaPass with us.

We are booked for B2B #4 on the Radiance for 2015. :D

Edited by songster2

Thanks for all the replies :)

I will take the advice about carrying the wine on board ;)

Seems there may be a few scenarios when we reach Seward but none of them sound as bad as having to leave with my luggage and do the complete embarkation process again. If given the choice I don't think I would leave the ship at all if I didn't have to :D

I have been trying to get an answer to another question over on the Alaska board but no one seems to have a clear answer so hoping someone here will have first hand experience to pass on.

If we fly to Vancouver, our first contact with US Immigration/Customs will we as we are embarking. As Australians (or I suppose any non US citizen that has the Visa Waiver), will we be required to undergo fingerprint or iris scanning?

I have been trying to get an answer to another question over on the Alaska board but no one seems to have a clear answer so hoping someone here will have first hand experience to pass on.

If we fly to Vancouver, our first contact with US Immigration/Customs will we as we are embarking. As Australians (or I suppose any non US citizen that has the Visa Waiver), will we be required to undergo fingerprint or iris scanning?

Hello fellow Aussie,

We have only been scanned and printed through LAX. When we did Alaska (like you) we flew to Vancouver. We were NOT printed or scanned as we embarked or disembarked the ship. We were NOT done when we flew into Seattle or New York.

Enjoy the trip. Its great.

Raina