NYC Hotel Bargain

marco

This was in Sunday's (Feb 23) paper. Hotel Wolcott is marking it's 110 anniversary with rates for $110 a night (plus tax) Book between March 1 and 31 for a stay anytime this year. Must book through their anniversary website: *******.com/mdu4kyz. Article states it 3 blocks from the Empire State Bldg and an easy walk to Rockefeller Plaza. I am not familiar with this Hotel, but if it's been around for 110 years, it's gotta' be worth considering. Check it out on line and with trip advisor. You can't beat the price! Note....after I posted, it automatically changed the website address to "*****" I guess just goggle "Hotel Wolcott" and see where it takes you.

Edited by marco

That's a great price. The Wolcott has been beautifully restored, and it's a very quiet neighborhood. Nearby is the Little Church Around the Corner (home of the Episcopal Actors' Guild) and the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. Here's a recent newspaper article about the hotel: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/real-estate/stunning-midtown-manhattan-hotel-ghostly-article-1.1122701

Just booked this hotel for our October cruise, at the anniversary rate $110 :D

You cannot book it through the hotels original website, you must use the anniversary URL site. I found it by searching for the anniversary rate via the Chicago Tribune, which had the exact listing that the OP posted.

Like the OP said, you cannot beat that rate in New York!!! :p

If you have questions just ask!!

Just booked this hotel for our October cruise, at the anniversary rate $110 :D

You cannot book it through the hotels original website, you must use the anniversary URL site. I found it by searching for the anniversary rate via the Chicago Tribune, which had the exact listing that the OP posted.

Like the OP said, you cannot beat that rate in New York!!! :p

If you have questions just ask!!

Darn, looks like all Saturdays in Oct are now sold out. In fact, every Fri/Sat for 2014 is sold out. Our cruise returns to port Oct 11 (a Saturday) and we're planning on staying 2 nights. The $110 price shows up but there's just no availability when we need it. Many Sun-Thu nights are still available though.

Glad you were able to get in. That's a great price. Every other Manhattan hotel south of Central Park were seeing is AT LEAST double that price.

• 4 weeks later...