Rush hour crowds

bobpell

Visited Costa Maya Feb.6 on the NCL Dawn

We were one of 3 ships totaling 10,000 passengers!!

This small man made shopping area was packed solid.

Same 100 goods in the same 50 shops.

If you aren't on a tour sleep in and relax on board

Visited Costa Maya Feb.6 on the NCL Dawn

We were one of 3 ships totaling 10,000 passengers!!

This small man made shopping area was packed solid.

Same 100 goods in the same 50 shops.

If you aren't on a tour sleep in and relax on board

did you enjoy anything on your cruise?:confused: Posts I've seen are all negative. Sure hope you had a good time somewhere.:)

We will be in port on a day 10000 passengers (3 ships) are there. Will it be just as busy in Mahalual?

YEP! Busy they will be. Make a reservation at Nohoch Kay or Maya Chan or Almaplena and at least avoid the more crowded section of the malecon or enjoy the less crowded coast further south.

When we're in ports that are busy we work even harder to find someplace to get away to. This visit we enjoyed the taxi to Caye Caulker - easy short walk out the gate to the water taxi office and a beautiful day.

Much better than whining or just giving up and staying on the ship when in such a beautiful location!;)

We will be in port on a day 10000 passengers (3 ships) are there. Will it be just as busy in Mahalual?

Jenny we were in COsta Maya with 10,000+ fellow cruisers and we enjoyed Steve's place (Tropicante). CHairs and table are reserved at no cost and it's a nice spot to relax and enjoy the beautiful water.

If time allows and you want a quieter spot rent a golf cart and drive down to Maya Luna. They take reservations, we wanted to do that last visit but with only 7 hours in port and arriving at 7AM we decided to enjoy Tropicante and that was great.

The area around the cruise ship dock is very crowded, yes.

BTW, Tropicante is a short taxi ride from the cruise port to a small fishing village called Majajual or Majahual. Very rustic looking.nthis is our plan for our day in Costa Maya. Also there is a nice large saltwater pool at the cruise port with swim up bar and entertainment. I bought my mom an angel made from a fish bone the last time we were there. Very nice. My friend went on excursions into town and she said it ruined her cruise seeing how bad the people have it. This time, we are going to Majajual for the day. Looks rustic, but not too third worldish.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jenny we were in COsta Maya with 10,000+ fellow cruisers and we enjoyed Steve's place (Tropicante). CHairs and table are reserved at no cost and it's a nice spot to relax and enjoy the beautiful water.

If time allows and you want a quieter spot rent a golf cart and drive down to Maya Luna. They take reservations, we wanted to do that last visit but with only 7 hours in port and arriving at 7AM we decided to enjoy Tropicante and that was great.

The area around the cruise ship dock is very crowded, yes.

Thanks Blue! I'm not scared of crowds. Tropic ante looks perfect and the carnival folks will be gone by 1oclock.