Island Princess mattresses

nojoke

It has been a couple of years since we took a Princess cruise. At that time, we always had to request an “egg crate” mattress topper since the mattresses were so firm. Is this still true, or are todays’ beds more comfortable?

For some reason Princess thinks everyone likes to sleep on a rock. Even the new mattresses on the Royal were rock hard. I know, everyone else raved about them, but I couldn't sleep until my cabin attendant put a second pillowtop on.

So yes, the mattresses are likely hard. Most ships use pillow tops instead of eggcrates now, your cabin attendant will be happy to add one or two for you.

I had a pillowtop mattress on the Island Princess in October 2012. The mattresses on the Royal last October were pillowtop and heavenly. They are firm with a nice soft top. Very comfortable.

Mattress comfort is very subjective which is why if you go to a mattress store, there are dozens of options. :)

Edited by Pam in CA

It has been a couple of years since we took a Princess cruise. At that time, we always had to request an “egg crate” mattress topper since the mattresses were so firm. Is this still true, or are todays’ beds more comfortable?

thanks to all who responded to my mattress question. Glad to know the “pillow-toppers” are effective. (If we need it.)