Vision of the Seas - Junior Suite up to Grand Suite

Dan-P

The next cruise we are looking at booking is a seven night on the Vision of the Seas.

We have only sailed in Junior Suites up to this point. However, the Junior Suite on the particular sailing we are interested in is priced high enough that the move to a Grand Suite would "only" cost us $220 more for the entire sailing.

To me this seems to be a no brainer, but what does the general populous think - is that upgrade worth it on the Vision?

Anyone with recent experience in Grand Suites on the Vision? Are there any to avoid due to being under the Windjammer and having excessive noise? Any that are considered "better" than the others?

Thanks!

Dan.

Dan- P

You will love the upgrade to a GS.

Larger balcony and larger bathroom, not to mention the amenities that include the CL, seating area for shows and breakfast areas.

One caveat to be aware of:

Once you've had the experience of a GS, it will be difficult to go back to a JS or below.

At least that has been my experience for the past 4 cruises and the next 4 booked cruises

Dan,

we've stayed in a Grand Suite on Enchantment. Don't recall that noise from above was an issue. If you don't mind straying from a "mid ship" location Jr. Suite, then I would definitely grab it for that price.

I will say that I noticed a lot more ship movement being forward, but obviously it will depend on the seas when you sail.

Great upgrade, though! As others have said, it's hard to go back! Now keep your eye on the pricing of the Owners Suites. I was able to move from a Grand to an Owner's once for less than $200!

Chris

Did vision get a CL in the refurb? We stayed in a grand suite in August 2012 and there was no lounge and therefore the benefits are not that great. But we did get a very good price and the grand suite made a very boring ship much better. We had 8008 and did not hear any noise from above. We loved the larger bathroom and good sized balcony.

Did vision get a CL in the refurb? We stayed in a grand suite in August 2012 and there was no lounge and therefore the benefits are not that great. But we did get a very good price and the grand suite made a very boring ship much better. We had 8008 and did not hear any noise from above. We loved the larger bathroom and good sized balcony.

Yes, the newly added Concierge Lounge is located on Deck 11.

Edited by cruisenfever

Thanks for all of the input.

Just got off the phone (used a Next Cruise Certificate) with RCCL and booked the cruise and the Grand Suite.

Now the long, almost year long, wait begins! :eek:

Dan.

Just got off the phone (used a Next Cruise Certificate) with RCCL and booked the cruise and the Grand Suite.

Dan.

Hey, Dan--just noticed were sailing again the same week next year--wrong ship though!!!!;)

Enjoy your Grand Suite. I'm sure you won't be disappointed--one of my favorite benefits was full room service breakfast, and you'll have plenty of room to spread out on the large balcony!

Dan.

We had GS 8508 on both Vision and Rhapsody last year. We loved having the GS, but were awakened every morning 4:30-6 with carts being pulled across the floors above us. It was very noisy. If you have that GS, take some ear plugs and enjoy your cruise. They had part of the upper deck of the MDR roped off at breakfast and lunch for Gold Card holders. We loved that.

I like the bath tubs on the Vision class better than the ones on the Voyager Class ships. The Vision Class ones are just a little longer in length and perfect for soaking.

We had GS 8508 on both Vision and Rhapsody last year. We loved having the GS, but were awakened every morning 4:30-6 with carts being pulled across the floors above us. It was very noisy. If you have that GS, take some ear plugs and enjoy your cruise. They had part of the upper deck of the MDR roped off at breakfast and lunch for Gold Card holders. We loved that.

I like the bath tubs on the Vision class better than the ones on the Voyager Class ships. The Vision Class ones are just a little longer in length and perfect for soaking.

Thanks for your input. We are almost a year away, but already excited!

From looking at the deck plans, and the location of the Grand Suites on the Vision, I am guessing that ALL of them have the potential of cart/chair noise from the floor above. From some reviews I have read, it appears to vary as to whether folks actually end up hearing noise though.

We are pretty early risers, so I am suspecting it won't bother us much. Always time later in the day to take a nap if need be. :D

Dan.

Thanks for your input. We are almost a year away, but already excited!

From looking at the deck plans, and the location of the Grand Suites on the Vision, I am guessing that ALL of them have the potential of cart/chair noise from the floor above. From some reviews I have read, it appears to vary as to whether folks actually end up hearing noise though.

We are pretty early risers, so I am suspecting it won't bother us much. Always time later in the day to take a nap if need be. :D

Dan.

Other GS passengers on our cruises said they didn't hear any noise, so I guess we were the lucky ones. That was the only time we were bothered by noise, but we weren't in the room all of the time (of course).

Enjoy your cruise.

Dan.

good decision … it is worth it especially for $220 pp. You will enjoy the extra perks of a GS.

Dan.

We haven't cruised on Vision, however it is the same configuration as Rhapsody which we have cruised on. We stayed in a RFS starboard side, cabin 8520 for 12 nights. Over the 12 nights there was one late night pool party but you would expect that … and occasionally I heard chairs scraping but it didn't wake us up. WE found the rocking and rolling of the ocean / movement always help with sleeping (like babies). If you are the type of person who likes to be on your balcony when you come into port, then you generally will be up before the staff starting moving furniture around anyway! I'm sure you will enjoy the GS.

good decision … it is worth it especially for $220 pp. You will enjoy the extra perks of a GS.

It was actually only $110 pp or $220 total increase over the price of the Junior Suite!

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

We haven't cruised on Vision, however it is the same configuration as Rhapsody which we have cruised on. We stayed in a RFS starboard side, cabin 8520 for 12 nights. Over the 12 nights there was one late night pool party but you would expect that … and occasionally I heard chairs scraping but it didn't wake us up. WE found the rocking and rolling of the ocean / movement always help with sleeping (like babies). If you are the type of person who likes to be on your balcony when you come into port, then you generally will be up before the staff starting moving furniture around anyway! I'm sure you will enjoy the GS.

Thanks for the info. We are easy going and don't get worked up over the little things, particularly while on vacation, so I suspect we'll be just fine.

My biggest worry is that the GS will ruin us for stepping back to a non suite. :D

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app