Chefs Table and Art Shop on Sihouette

beachjulie

Does anyone know whether those are available on the Sillhouette. We have done the Chefs Table on Carnival and it is amazing. I have also heard so much about the art classes and Glass Blowing but have not seen them mentioned lately:confused:

Silhouette does not have glass blowing, it has been replaced by the lawn club grille and the alcoves on the silhouette and reflection. To the best of my knowledge Celebrity does not offer a Chefs Table

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know whether those are available on the Sillhouette. We have done the Chefs Table on Carnival and it is amazing. I have also heard so much about the art classes and Glass Blowing but have not seen them mentioned lately:confused:

=X= does have a Chef's Table Dinner aboard your ship. The Chef's Table is not advertised nor does it appear in any of the dailey sheets we have seen.

You either have to be invited or know about the Chef's Table dinner. The best person to make your request to attend would be the Maitre D' of either the Tuscan Grill or the Maitre D' at Muranos.

The Chef's Table Dinners are expensive at over a hundred dollars a person but the price does include an autographed copy of the Celebrity Cookbook.

We have done Chef's Tables on four Celebrity ships and thoroughly enjoyed each and every one. So check it out and Bon Apetite.

:):):):)

=X= does have a Chef's Table Dinner aboard your ship. The Chef's Table is not advertised nor does it appear in any of the dailey sheets we have seen.

You either have to be invited or know about the Chef's Table dinner. The best person to make your request to attend would be the Maitre D' of either the Tuscan Grill or the Maitre D' at Muranos.

The Chef's Table Dinners are expensive at over a hundred dollars a person but the price does include an autographed copy of the Celebrity Cookbook.

We have done Chef's Tables on four Celebrity ships and thoroughly enjoyed each and every one. So check it out and Bon Apetite.

Thank you. I will try and call

:p

For $100, what kind of meal do you get? Where is the dinner held?

Thanks,

Monica

Thanks,

Monica

Actually, it's more than $100 per person. If my memory serves me right, it was almost $300 per couple. We have done Chef's Table Dinner on our last TA cruise on Constellation. It was amazing and worth every dollar. You get a signed by the Executive Chef Celebrity Cookbook (not a big deal for me) and a wonderful dinner. The dinner includes the best dishes from specialty restaurants. And we tried those dishes later at specialty restaurants and they were not the same! Also, you get unlimited wine during dinner. And it's a lot of wine, believe me! I even made a comment that Celebrity should cut alcohol in half at Chef's Table. And our dinner was held in the galley, but they change location. The previous cruise had it on the upper deck under the stars.

TroubleT is right, it is closer to $300 a couple. I want to say $269. If you already have the Celebrity cookbook you can ask them to deduct that.

On Millie (M class) we had Chef's Table in the galley. On Equinox (S class) there is not room in the galley and we were told none of the S class ships have room in the galley for a chef's table.

Anyway, on Equinox the Chef's Table group met in Cellar Masters for champagne and amuse bouches, then Chef Tato walked us through the kitchen for Select dining, then we had dinner in the Murano wine room.

The dishes we have had have all been Celebrity dishes from the specialty restaurants. The amuse bouches were Chef Tato's creations. The wine they pour is excellent and they are happy to pour a lot of it.

ETA: I nearly forgot, I have the menu from our Chef's Table in January on Flickr. Chefs Table If you view the large version you should be able to read it.

Edited by TobyKnits

TroubleT is right, it is closer to $300 a couple. I want to say $269. If you already have the Celebrity cookbook you can ask them to deduct that.

On Millie (M class) we had Chef's Table in the galley. On Equinox (S class) there is not room in the galley and we were told none of the S class ships have room in the galley for a chef's table.

Anyway, on Equinox the Chef's Table group met in Cellar Masters for champagne and amuse bouches, then Chef Tato walked us through the kitchen for Select dining, then we had dinner in the Murano wine room.

The dishes we have had have all been Celebrity dishes from the specialty restaurants. The amuse bouches were Chef Tato's creations. The wine they pour is excellent and they are happy to pour a lot of it.

ETA: I nearly forgot, I have the menu from our Chef's Table in January on Flickr. Chefs Table If you view the large version you should be able to read it.

Sorry for my incorrect response, this certainly looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done the Chef's table twice, 1st on Eclipse then Equinox. Both dinners were amazing and were held in Murano's Wine room and hosted by a ships officer. They started in Cellar Masters with champagne and amuse bouche. On Eclipse we toured Murano's galley and had an appetizer in the galley. Equinox was a tour of the main galley. As said, wine was freely poured and they even served port with the cheese course when asked.

Since we had the book they deducted $30 from our check the 2nd time. But, since we did not get the book we did not get the menu either because it is delivered with the book.

The ships photographers took pictures and delivered one to each couple.

Even though it is pricey I look at the cost of Murano's for 2 plus a good bottle of wine, champagne, port, dessert wine, etc. and it seems to be a bargain if you don't have a beverage package.

Mary Lou

Thanks,

Monica

These dinners are spectacular and the executive chef gets to strut his stuff by making this extravaganza.

Both of the Chef's Table Diners we have done aboard the S Class ships were situated in the wine cellar room of Muranos. The dinner started out on all the ships in Michaels Club for champagne and a get to know you opportunity. After that there was a conducted tour of the main galley but it got different after the tour depending on the class of ship.

On the M class ship and on the Century the dinner was done in the galley where they set up a formal table in an area not heavily trafficked. It was a real experience to be able to see the working galley in action. On the S Class ships we were taken to the wine cellar room of Murano's after the galley tour. The dinner was served there in that part of Murano's.

The dinners are very elabarate and all wines are included. There is a different wine with each course, sometimes more than one wine per course, and they are all excellent wines. In all four of the Chef's Tables which we have attended the main course was not something found on the menu of any of the dining venues. This is the executive chef's opportunity to prepare what he considers his special entree to be and they have always been beyond excellent. No cheeseburger and a coke here.:D

Yes, as another poster mentioned, the price per person is considerably over a hundred dollars apiece and in our opinion is worth the price. At the Chef's Table dinner you will get the equivalent (or better) of dinner in any five star restaurant. This dinner also includes the various wines consequently when all of this is taken into account it's not overly expensive for what you get.

I hope this extra info is helpful and that you do choose to participate in a Chef's Table Dinner on that next cruise.

Again bon apetite.

:):):)

Edited by Pilot70D

These dinners are spectacular and the executive chef gets to strut his stuff by making this extravaganza.

Both of the Chef's Table Diners we have done aboard the S Class ships were situated in the wine cellar room of Muranos. The dinner started out on all the ships in Michaels Club for champagne and a get to know you opportunity. After that there was a conducted tour of the main galley but it got different after the tour depending on the class of ship.

On the M class ship and on the Century the dinner was done in the galley where they set up a formal table in an area not heavily trafficked. It was a real experience to be able to see the working galley in action. On the S Class ships we were taken to the wine cellar room of Murano's after the galley tour. The dinner was served there in that part of Murano's.

The dinners are very elabarate and all wines are included. There is a different wine with each course, sometimes more than one wine per course, and they are all excellent wines. In all four of the Chef's Tables which we have attended the main course was not something found on the menu of any of the dining venues. This is the executive chef's opportunity to prepare what he considers his special entree to be and they have always been beyond excellent. No cheeseburger and a coke here.:D

Yes, as another poster mentioned, the price per person is considerably over a hundred dollars apiece and in our opinion is worth the price. At the Chef's Table dinner you will get the equivalent (or better) of dinner in any five star restaurant. This dinner also includes the various wines consequently when all of this is taken into account it's not overly expensive for what you get.

I hope this extra info is helpful and that you do choose to participate in a Chef's Table Dinner on that next cruise.

Again bon apetite.

:):):)

How did you book it. I am hoping I could prebook it before I go. I can't seem to find an email for them. Should I just call Celebrity?

How did you book it. I am hoping I could prebook it before I go. I can't seem to find an email for them. Should I just call Celebrity?

On our Eclipse cruise they had a Chef's table planned. When we boarded there was a staff member from a specialty restaurant booking dinners. We booked it right then with him.

On Equinox, another New Years cruise, they did not plan on a Chef's table because Murano's wine room was booked for the whole cruise. We ran into some cruisers from our 1st chef's table and with a lot of persuasion we managed to set up a chef's table. It did involve the group that was booked into the wine room agreeing to move to the main Murano's dining room.

It is not something you can pre book. Just talk with a staff from the specialty restaurants.

Mary Lou

The OP is correct - like the Ultimate Dining Package, the Chef's Table Dinner cannot be prebooked before you're aboard the vessel.

Immediately after boarding they have a specialty dining sales table set up. Stop by that table and they will take your prepaid reservation for the Chef's Table. The other alternative is to speak with the Maitre D from either the Tuscan Grill or Muranos. They can also take care of your reservation.

:):)

Based on my recent experiences, Pilot70D is correct in both his/her responses.

IMHO, the dinner is well worth the price ($287) on the M class ships because of the ability of the galley to accommodate a table for 8 - 12 people. Wonderful experience watching the "organized chaos" that goes on in the galley. The chefs and servers add to the experience.

On S class, the galley isn't able to handle the dinner so it is held in a room off of the Murano restaurant. Nothing wrong with that but it lacked the excitement of the M class experience.

As noted, it is not published and isn't held unless there is sufficient interest. On both cruises were I did it, I approached the maître d' in cellar masters and he conferred with the head waiter in Murano to make arrangements. I also had at least my own group of 8 - 10 people who wanted to participate which made it easier for them to arrange.

• 1 year later...

My wife and sister in law are on Silhouette now. They do offer a chefs table, they will be enjoying it tomorrow night, March 4. Cost is $150pp, they say.

I was recently on the Silhouette and they offer quite a few art classes on sea days, some free and some for a fee. I am a total beginner (I still draw stick figures), and my friend is a bit more advanced. We both had a great time in the watercolor class, which was free. The instructor was awesome, patient and very helpful. The classes are very small (maybe 12 people?), and in our class there was a wide range of ability levels. Everyone (except maybe the guy whose wife made him come) seemed to enjoy the class and get something out of it. Even my painting turned out pretty well!

They offered several oil workshops and a couple of others I can't remember. I didn't take any of these, so I don't know what the fee was. If you are interested, be sure to sign up early; the classes fill quickly.

• 3 months later...
My wife and sister in law are on Silhouette now. They do offer a chefs table, they will be enjoying it tomorrow night, March 4. Cost is $150pp, they say.

I've done the Chef's table on Princess once, and it was fantastic and was $90/person if I recall correctly. We happened to be on the cruise with the head chef for the whole line, and he made quite a show of it.

What do you guys think? Does Celebrity do enough to justify the high price? I'm already signed up for the premium alcohol package and so it would mostly be for the experience.