Tux Cleaning for Suite

billyvegas

Sorry due to no search function, I have to ask this. I am staying in a Suite soon and I am thinking of taking my Tux to be cleaned on the Ship instead of at a cleaners here before I go. This way I figure it will be pressed and ready to go. Firstly are there any horror stories about ships cleaning a Tux? Formal night I think is on the 2nd evening, will I get it back in time if I give it to the steward on the first evening?

Thanks in advance

Billy

Sorry due to no search function, I have to ask this. I am staying in a Suite soon and I am thinking of taking my Tux to be cleaned on the Ship instead of at a cleaners here before I go. This way I figure it will be pressed and ready to go. Firstly are there any horror stories about ships cleaning a Tux? Formal night I think is on the 2nd evening, will I get it back in time if I give it to the steward on the first evening?

Thanks in advance

Billy

I would recommend starting out with a properly dry cleaned Tux from home! Then when unpacking, check to see if pressing will be required. I believe that they do not perform a dry cleaning, but simply press it out. As I always send my Tux out for a quick pressing immediately upon unpacking! :confused: I have always received it back by the middle of the next day in time for Formal Night~~~~ (At least that is my impression of the services that we have received.) :rolleyes:

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

Thanks in advance

Billy

Old Story: Way back in 2004 on the Pacific Princess, when real dry cleaning was taking place, one man's nice wool tux ended up being WASHED instead of cleaned. Yes, it ended up fitting a 10 year old quite well.

ALso leave it in the plastic bag that the dry cleaners use - they not only keep it from getting dirty - but it's amazing how few wrinkles you'll get when you leave it in the bag.

When I remember we save up bags before a cruise and put as many of our nice clothes in them as possible.

ALso leave it in the plastic bag that the dry cleaners use - they not only keep it from getting dirty - but it's amazing how few wrinkles you'll get when you leave it in the bag.

When I remember we save up bags before a cruise and put as many of our nice clothes in them as possible.

Amazingly that really does make a difference.

Mike:)