Allure of the seas deck 12 aft secret balcony?

AdvGirl

Ok have an aft boardwalk cabin booked on allure. I have read about the secret balcony on deck 11 but nothing about deck 12. I can see there is a balcony but not sure if public or private and there is also the glass windows above rock climbing wall what area is that. Any former deck 12 aft allure passengers that can give me the inside scoop.:D:D:D

Ok have an aft boardwalk cabin booked on allure. I have read about the secret balcony on deck 11 but nothing about deck 12. I can see there is a balcony but not sure if public or private and there is also the glass windows above rock climbing wall what area is that. Any former deck 12 aft allure passengers that can give me the inside scoop.:D:D:D

Good news! There is also a secret balcony on the aft 12th deck on both sides. I was in cabin 12723 last May. The secret balcony and a large wraparound with lounge chairs and is an awesome place to hang out and relax.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Is this area wheelchair accessible? After reading about the private balconies, on one cruise we went on one of the lower public decks on Oasis and there was a glass door that you had to go through in order to get to the private balcony, but there was a raised metal area in the doorway with a closed door at the floor of several inches (almost like a fire door) so it was impossible for a wheelchair to roll through. I believe this was deck 11. Is it the same on the higher decks or is one of these decks either not obstructed by this raised metal area in the doorway or, even better, no doorway to have to go through?

Is this area wheelchair accessible? After reading about the private balconies, on one cruise we went on one of the lower public decks on Oasis and there was a glass door that you had to go through in order to get to the private balcony, but there was a raised metal area in the doorway with a closed door at the floor of several inches (almost like a fire door) so it was impossible for a wheelchair to roll through. I believe this was deck 11. Is it the same on the higher decks or is one of these decks either not obstructed by this raised metal area in the doorway or, even better, no doorway to have to go through?

I don't know about deck 14 but deck 12 definitely does have a metal lip that you have to step over. Someone may be able to be able to pull a wheelchair backward over that but it may not be too easy.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Thanks, it sounds like the lip you described on Deck 12 was the same we experienced on Deck 11. It was impossible to pull our wheelchair over the lip backwards, as it was so much too high for our wheelchair and there were two of us (myself and a ship crew member) attempting to do so unsuccessfully.

For those who have been on Deck 14, is there also a high lip at the doorway?

Thanks, it sounds like the lip you described on Deck 12 was the same we experienced on Deck 11. It was impossible to pull our wheelchair over the lip backwards, as it was so much too high for our wheelchair and there were two of us (myself and a ship crew member) attempting to do so unsuccessfully.

For those who have been on Deck 14, is there also a high lip at the doorway?

Yes they all do.

Glad to help. She is an awesome ship you will have a great time! Also don't forget to go to the deck accessed via a door...deck 14 forward port side!:rolleyes:

Deck 14 forward - you mean all the way forward or forward part of boardwalk?

Deck 14 forward - you mean all the way forward or forward part of boardwalk?

All the way forward in the passenger corridor on the port side, then out the door. You will be on the deck above the bridge wings.

I don't know about deck 7, but there are public balconies on 11, 12, and 14.
I have watched the Aqua show from the Deck 7 public balcony. These balconies are the staging areas for the Rock Climbing walls. I'm pretty sure [not positive]that Deck 7 aft balconies are accessible by stairs from Deck 6 beside the Aqua Theatre, and also at the Aft end of the Deck 7 corridors.

Thom

• 7 months later...
Will these areas remain after the dry dock?

Royal has not made public any specific plans, but if they do the same thing to Allure that they just did on Oasis, the public balconies will be turned into Grand Suites.