Access to haven cabins for non haven guests BA/GA

susanbratwurst

I will try to phrase this question with enough background and detail that will keep me from getting flamed as the intention of the question has a practical purpose.

My DS(8) and I are booked on Getaway in August in a BD. (Scored an angled balcony :)). After we booked a very good friend of mine booked the same sailing through a TA promoting a singles cruise. She is booked in studio and likes the idea of the studio for the social aspect of the studio lounge. I will be busy with my son, she will be doing the singles organized activities, but we also anticipate spending time together, late nights sitting on the balcony, maybe some mimosas with room service breakfast etc...you get the point.

So my problem(1st world) is with the new NCL promotion with free udp and ubp for suite guests, coupled with the fact that I was going to buy UBP anyway, and a couple spa day passes, the pricing is working out that I could basically upgrade to a haven spa suite for the same price as what I currently paid for my cabin plus what I would have spent for the add ons.

Yes there is a question in here somewhere. :D. Is the access to the haven spa rooms security controlled? In other words will it be a hassle for her to come to our cabin if we are not with her. I assume my friend would not be able to join us in the haven restaurant and pool area which is fine and understandable.

Second question, if I upgrade it seems like a waste of spa privileges that my son is paying full fare as the second passenger in the cabin but obviously can't use the spa. Anyone had any luck/experience transferring the pass to another passenger?

Thanks for any help offered.

S9 Haven Spa Suites are not located within the Haven. They are on deck 14, so your friend can access your cabin without entering the Haven.

The Spa Suites have a king bed that can't be separated into two twins, so I suspect you will not find this a satisfactory sleeping arrangement for you and your 8 year old son.

The Spa Suites have a king bed that can't be separated into two twins, so I suspect you will not find this a satisfactory sleeping arrangement for you and your 8 year old son.

I just got back from a week in an S9 with my 10 yo DD. We shared the massive king size bed without any problem. It might as well have been two separate beds we had so much space between us. I don't think OP would have any problems sharing with her 8 yo son if that is what she chooses to do.

The promo starts tomorrow for breakaway and getaway sailings in second and third quarter. I will need to find out if I will lose any of my other perks (obc etc) before I make final determination on if this makes sense but was ready to nix the whole thing if it was going to be a hassle for her to come and go from our cabin.

And yes you are correct that the two of us in a huge king would be no problem.

Now if someone has some experience with my spa pass question I will be an extra happy person. Thanks for the responses so far.

Where's no way you can transfer your son's spa pass to your friend. There isn't a separate physical pass...the fact that you're entitled to use the spa is encoded on your room key...which will have your son's name on it, and if swiped will bring up a picture of your son on the computer screen.

I just got back from a week in an S9 with my 10 yo DD. We shared the massive king size bed without any problem. It might as well have been two separate beds we had so much space between us. I don't think OP would have any problems sharing with her 8 yo son if that is what she chooses to do.

That's all well and good, but we do see a fair number posts where the poster is totally unaware of the bedding in these cabins (and certain others such as category SF suites on the Jewel-class ships) and just assume that the bed can be separated into twins. Sometimes people come back from their cruises really annoyed about it. So, I felt is was worthwhile to mention the bedding situation since many people would not find it acceptable to share the bed with a child of that age.

Edited by njhorseman

We just sailed with friends, we had a mini suite and they were in the Haven. Our friends opened the door to the Haven, we walked in and went to their cabin with no problem at all. You can also invite your friend to eat at the Haven restaurant but there is a 25.00 pp charge.

Where's no way you can transfer your son's spa pass to your friend. There isn't a separate physical pass...the fact that you're entitled to use the spa is encoded on your room key...which will have your son's name on it, and if swiped will bring up a picture of your son on the computer screen.

I don't know whether they will allow OP to transfer the pass, but this is not how it worked on my BA cruise. I went to the spa and have the my cabin number after which they put the regular spa pass sticker on my card. They asked me if a second guest would also be taking a pass and I said no, since dd was too young. They did not swipe my card when I returned to the spa - just checked the sticker before giving me a locker key.

I think it is a fair question to ask your TA or PCC. It is not like you get extra haven amenities in the spa - just access to the thermal suite. Since the room comes with access for 2 passengers, I think it would be reasonable to allow the transfer to another guest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't know whether they will allow OP to transfer the pass, but this is not how it worked on my BA cruise. I went to the spa and have the my cabin number after which they put the regular spa pass sticker on my card. They asked me if a second guest would also be taking a pass and I said no, since dd was too young. They did not swipe my card when I returned to the spa - just checked the sticker before giving me a locker key.

I think it is a fair question to ask your TA or PCC. It is not like you get extra haven amenities in the spa - just access to the thermal suite. Since the room comes with access for 2 passengers, I think it would be reasonable to allow the transfer to another guest.

Yes, they put a sticker on your room key. The room key that belongs to the guest in the room entitled to use the spa. You can't give them someone else's room key.

That's all well and good, but we do see a fair number posts where the poster is totally unaware of the bedding in these cabins (and certain others such as category SF suites on the Jewel-class ships) and just assume that the bed can be separated into twins. Sometimes people come back from their cruises really annoyed about it. So, I felt is was worthwhile to mention the bedding situation since many people would not find it acceptable to share the bed with a child of that age.

Just curious, but do these cabins not have the normal suite couch with the pull out bed in them? I was thinking if they do then her son could sleep there.

Just curious, but do these cabins not have the normal suite couch with the pull out bed in them? I was thinking if they do then her son could sleep there.

The Breakaway Spa Suites do not have a couch. It looks like the Getaway ones may have something resembling a couch, but doubt it is useable as a bed.

Edited by garnet115

The Breakaway Spa Suites do not have a couch. It looks like the Getaway ones may have something resembling a couch, but doubt it is useable as a bed.

The Breakaway Spa Suites do have a small couch, but it's not a couch that converts into a bed.

The Breakaway Spa Suites do have a small couch, but it's not a couch that converts into a bed.

Incorrect. I was just in one last week. A table with two chairs, but no couch at all.

Either way, nothing useable as a bed other than the actual bed.

The BA Haven Spa suite doesn't have a couch. It's 2 chairs, a small table, a tub and king size bed. I hated that there wasn't a couch and always had to sit on the bed to watch tv.

Edited by Godiva830

The BA Haven Spa suite doesn't have a couch. It's 2 chairs, a small table, a tub and king size bed. I hated that there wasn't a couch and always had to sit on the bed to watch tv.

Yes, I also had to sit on the bed to watch TV, but that didn't change the fact that there was this small, very low couch-like piece of furniture directly opposite the hot tub. And we didn't have any chairs as I recall, which i found to be very annoying. Maybe different cabins have slightly different furniture. We were in 14738 if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by njhorseman

Yes, I also had to sit on the bed to watch TV, but that didn't change the fact that there was this small, very low couch-like piece of furniture directly opposite the hot tub. And we didn't have any chairs as I recall, which i found to be very annoying. Maybe different cabins have slightly different furniture. We were in 14738 if I'm not mistaken.

See post 20. :) You're both right....and....wrong, LOL. One side has one, the other side doesn't.

Edited by peg013

On the Breakaway the Starboard Spa Suites do have a small couch ( I had one in 14728). I was surprised and asked my butler. According to him, the port side Spa Suites have the chairs.

Interesting. This is the first I've heard this. I wonder why they did it that way? Bizarre.