PVP Question -- Problem?

I always book "on my own" through online agencies that do not offer traditional TA service. (i.e., I do all the research and simply enter my info into the online system, and they send me an email confirmation, that's all). I've *always* gotten a better rate by doing my own online research...and yes, I do check with PVPs and local TAs and everywhere else I can check, even my frequent flier discounts through American Airlines...I've found 1 or 2 online agencies to beat everyone else's price by a considerable margin if I book at the right time. So, if you don't have a lot of questions for a TA and you're fine with doing all the research yourself, then by all means, go for it! However, if you get any kind of special military or interline rate, then I'd book through a TA or directly through Carnival because there will be a lot of communication taking place to ensure your discount is applied. Good luck!

I always book "on my own" through online agencies that do not offer traditional TA service. (i.e., I do all the research and simply enter my info into the online system, and they send me an email confirmation, that's all). I've *always* gotten a better rate by doing my own online research...and yes, I do check with PVPs and local TAs and everywhere else I can check, even my frequent flier discounts through American Airlines...I've found 1 or 2 online agencies to beat everyone else's price by a considerable margin if I book at the right time. So, if you don't have a lot of questions for a TA and you're fine with doing all the research yourself, then by all means, go for it! However, if you get any kind of special military or interline rate, then I'd book through a TA or directly through Carnival because there will be a lot of communication taking place to ensure your discount is applied. Good luck!

Thanks for the response ! - Yes - I love to do the research on my own - seems like that's half the fun of cruising - I used to use on on-line discount travel broker - but decided to just book DIRECTLY with Carnival for our next trip - so far - so good ! - (Price was same as on-line discount broker - maybe because I booked so far out - 14 months ahead of time !) - Also use American Airlines FF miles - just waiting for the 330 days from our cruise date to book ...:)

Archived