Tux too much?

retnuh281

We've been on the Triumph three times and the ship(s) it replaced from Galveston a dozen more and my observation is fewer and fewer dress in tux.

The reasons are many; luggage weights, more casual atmosphere with dress attire overall or the Carnival dress suggestions being more relaxed.

Here's what I see. On most nights you will see a few in shorts, some in jeans but overall men in khakis and a polo shirt. Mix in a rare sport coat for dinner and that will cover three of your nights at sea.

On Cruise Elegant night suits, dress slacks and a polo or long sleeve shirt are the norm. A couple of tuxedos appear on every cruise.

Some say the duration of the cruise or time of year matter, but to me I don't see that. We always go to early seating dinner, so perhaps late or anytime dining is different.

What I do see are many empty tables on that night. Aboard the Glory last summer we had 25% of the tables empty on dress up nights.

On what is now 23 cruises I've never seen dirty attire, beater shirts or the slobs people come here and post about. At least not in the dining rooms.

Edited by BallFour4