Attention Flowboarders!

liberiben

That is what my board is, a 38" Shuvit with channels. I love that board and I have tried several others but always go back to mine.

There is someone on the FB Flow Family page that is selling that board. He wants $150 for it, said he has ridden it a total of 9 times. I can get his email address if you would like. I would offer a $100 and see if you can meet in the middle. Or see what price Lauren is willing to offer for hers and if it has channels.

I was lucky and my board was only $60; HOWEVER, we then had to purchase the EVA foam and the smallest size sheet you can get is $75 but we can get three boards out of one sheet if cut correctly.:D

I had no idea there was a FB Flow Family page. I'm definitely going to have to find it and friend it. If you can get me the email that would be great. And I'll see if Lauren comes back on to discuss it with me...she's not showing on line now so maybe she doesn't log on until the evening.

I'd also have to arrange to get the board. We're in New Jersey so I'd more than likely have to get it shipped. I'd want it insured so that adds to the price as well.

I had no idea there was a FB Flow Family page. I'm definitely going to have to find it and friend it. If you can get me the email that would be great. And I'll see if Lauren comes back on to discuss it with me...she's not showing on line now so maybe she doesn't log on until the evening.

I'd also have to arrange to get the board. We're in New Jersey so I'd more than likely have to get it shipped. I'd want it insured so that adds to the price as well.

HA, I just looked and it IS Lauren on FB selling her board ;) Same person, too funny.

I have shipped several boards from Houston to Florida and using UPS ground, insured it for $100, wrapped in bubble wrap and had them box it cost me $16, two boards were $35 .

Do you have her email so I can send her a note directly? I thought she said a page or two ago that she's only used it 3 times but 3 or 9, it's still pretty new. Maybe we can come to some agreement that will work for both of us.

Also, do you have the FB page link? I tried to search but either I'm not searching the right name or somehow I need to get a friend request? If you can send me a friend request, that would be great. On FB, I'm Janet Katz (I don't know how many of us there are, but my picture is a head shot and I'm wearing a red suit jacket).

Do you have her email so I can send her a note directly? I thought she said a page or two ago that she's only used it 3 times but 3 or 9, it's still pretty new. Maybe we can come to some agreement that will work for both of us.

Also, do you have the FB page link? I tried to search but either I'm not searching the right name or somehow I need to get a friend request? If you can send me a friend request, that would be great. On FB, I'm Janet Katz (I don't know how many of us there are, but my picture is a head shot and I'm wearing a red suit jacket).

it is actually on the Royal Caribbean FlowRider Society page:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/116194895068453/

I tried searching for you but did not find your picture. Mine is Edna Taylor and my cover photo is me on the Flowrider (of course ;)

Edited by Charger2008

I found you and her, but I'm having trouble posting and friending from my kindle at work. If you can post to her that I might be interested, she can contact me by email at janet katz @ optonline dot net (obviously no spaces). Once I can get the kindle to post, I'll friend you if you don't mind. I love your pictures and you look like your family totally rocks. Maybe we've met on a previous cruise (or you might have been in line on the flowrider with my son at some point).

I found you and her, but I'm having trouble posting and friending from my kindle at work. If you can post to her that I might be interested, she can contact me by email at janet katz @ optonline dot net (obviously no spaces). Once I can get the kindle to post, I'll friend you if you don't mind. I love your pictures and you look like your family totally rocks. Maybe we've met on a previous cruise (or you might have been in line on the flowrider with my son at some point).

I can PM her your email address :) Thanks, we like to have fun and love cruising and Flowriding (or as the pros call it, FlowBOARDING :D )

I just looked and we were on the Freedom at the same time August 26, 2012 :)

I can PM her your email address :) Thanks, we like to have fun and love cruising and Flowriding (or as the pros call it, FlowBOARDING :D )

I just looked and we were on the Freedom at the same time August 26, 2012 :)

If you can do that, it would be great.

I can assure you that if we sailed together in August 2012, you definitely met my son. He was up there early every morning for advanced stand up, and he spent most of the day there. We got to be good friends with the staff, and then sailed again with them last year. I'll have to show him your pictures and see if he remembers you or your family from that cruise. He has a pretty good memory when it comes to who is on line.

And I'll definitely use the proper term going forward. I don't want to look like a newbie! ;)

I can assure you that if we sailed together in August 2012, you definitely met my son. He was up there early every morning for advanced stand up, and he spent most of the day there. We got to be good friends with the staff, and then sailed again with them last year. I'll have to show him your pictures and see if he remembers you or your family from that cruise. He has a pretty good memory when it comes to who is on line.

And I'll definitely use the proper term going forward. I don't want to look like a newbie! ;)

That was a great cruise and we know the girl who won the Best of the Best on that cruise, met her and her Mom at the Flowrider. The Sea Lion swim excursion was so much fun in St. Thomas

250356_10151136821411162_1505695441_n.jpg

I sent your email address to Lauren :p

That was a great cruise and we know the girl who won the Best of the Best on that cruise, met her and her Mom at the Flowrider. The Sea Lion swim excursion was so much fun in St. Thomas

250356_10151136821411162_1505695441_n.jpg

I remember her as well. She lives here in NJ and goes to Montclair State. I remember meeting her and her mom; she told me that they would drive down to Camden to Sahara Sam's where there is a flowrider to keep fresh. And I think that was the same cruise when she bought a board from another rider who ended up wanting to sell it. We had a great time that year.

IIRC, Jason was also in that BOB competition. He hadn't really perfected his boarding at that point, and has come a long way since then. I'll ask him if I remember right or not.

Jason just texted me...Christy.

Edited by njmomof2

I remember her as well. She lives here in NJ and goes to Montclair State. I remember meeting her and her mom; she told me that they would drive down to Camden to Sahara Sam's where there is a flowrider to keep fresh. And I think that was the same cruise when she bought a board from another rider who ended up wanting to sell it. We had a great time that year.

IIRC, Jason was also in that BOB competition. He hadn't really perfected his boarding at that point, and has come a long way since then. I'll ask him if I remember right or not.

Jason just texted me...Christy.

HA, small world, that was ME she bought the board from. It was a Reverse and I did not like it at all. Frank had purchased a Shuvit SC and Rob at Waveloch said a Reverse would be perfect for me. OH NO, not so much so ;)

Yep, Christy was the daughter and Vickie is her Mom. We still email from time to time and try to get the same vacation schedules so we can cruise together again.

Edited by Charger2008

HA, small world, that was ME she bought the board from. It was a Reverse and I did not like it at all. Frank had purchased a Shuvit SC and Rob at Waveloch said a Reverse would be perfect for me. OH NO, not so much so ;)

OMG, it is a small world. Then we definitely know you and Jason would probably remember you as well. I'll have to text him now and tell him. He's going to think it's crazy.

Now I'm sure if you like the 38" Shuvit, it's going to be the right board. Now if only I can get her to contact me and we can come to an agreement.....

OMG, it is a small world. Then we definitely know you and Jason would probably remember you as well. I'll have to text him now and tell him. He's going to think it's crazy.

Now I'm sure if you like the 38" Shuvit, it's going to be the right board. Now if only I can get her to contact me and we can come to an agreement.....

She messaged me back that she just got home from work and is fixing her daughter some lunch and will email you shortly :) Frank said that people always remember me and never him :D They will say things like "oh yea, you are Edna's husband, right?" ;)

I actually DID win the Best of the Best on our March IOS cruise. It was the show pony trick that did it. Frank will tell you that they all took a dive for me ;)

She messaged me back that she just got home from work and is fixing her daughter some lunch and will email you shortly :) Frank said that people always remember me and never him :D They will say things like "oh yea, you are Edna's husband, right?" ;)

I actually DID win the Best of the Best on our March IOS cruise. It was the show pony trick that did it. Frank will tell you that they all took a dive for me ;)

Edna, thanks a million. I'll keep an eye out for her email.

Seeing your picture I can see why people remember you. Tall, blonde hair, great flowboarder...who wouldn't remember that!

Edna, thanks a million. I'll keep an eye out for her email.

Seeing your picture I can see why people remember you. Tall, blonde hair, great flowboarder...who wouldn't remember that!

You are quite welcome and thank you for the lovely compliments :p Maybe one of these days we will cruise together again :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks, now I have anther question for board owners. On embarkation day for our Oasis cruise next week I am carrying the board onto the ship in its padded travel bag. I have also wrapped it with extra large bubble wrap that we already had. We are flying from Detroit and I guess it will go with the over size/fragile items such as skis and snowboards. Hopefully the ground crew will be kind.

What do you do with your boards on disembarkation night? I am not certain about leaving it in the hallway. We have luggage valet and are up on deck 17, which has very limited guest traffic with the locked doors. I should be able to give it to my cabin stewards and it should be safe from there. I guess I could carry it to the airport and then check it there.

What do you folks do?

Andrew

Ok folks, now I have anther question for board owners. On embarkation day for our Oasis cruise next week I am carrying the board onto the ship in its padded travel bag. I have also wrapped it with extra large bubble wrap that we already had. We are flying from Detroit and I guess it will go with the over size/fragile items such as skis and snowboards. Hopefully the ground crew will be kind.

What do you do with your boards on disembarkation night? I am not certain about leaving it in the hallway. We have luggage valet and are up on deck 17, which has very limited guest traffic with the locked doors. I should be able to give it to my cabin stewards and it should be safe from there. I guess I could carry it to the airport and then check it there.

What do you folks do?

Andrew

My Navigator cruise in April was my first with my own board. I have one of the FlowHouse non-padded bags so I was a bit paranoid about the board getting trashed. On the flight down I carried it on the plane and put it in the overhead. We were on Southwest so the overhead bins were not that full anyway. Of course on embarkation I carried it on so we could use it right away. For disembarkation I kept it in the room the last night and carried it off rather than putting it out with the luggage. We had a late flight coming home so by the time I got to the airport I was sick of carrying it and checked it in. I didn't have any problems with checking it in other than it it got stuck with the golf clubs and skis and came out after the rest of the baggage.

• 7 years later...

I'm trying to decide between buying 1) 39" Outlaw with quad channels, or 2) 38" Shuv-It with channels (outer rail). I typically just carve side to side at the top of the wave. 

Any recommendations between one board or the other?

2 minutes ago, jgalley said:

Any recommendations between one board or the other?

Reviving a one year thread is probably enough for this question - see post there. As mentioned there, draw attention to the question more directly to posters in the thread with the @ mention.