Fantastic Upgrade, now questions!!

tink218

My TA just called and said she was on the phone with NCL and they had a Haven aft penthouse for us for just $400 more than our mini suite. I took it because this is my husband's birthday cruise and my 1 year cancer free cruise.

Can anyone who has stayed in a Haven cabin fill me in on what to expect. This is our second cruise on NCL and we are both very excited.

Thank you for any info you can give me!!!

I'm assuming your Epic cruise...

Suite guests get the following amenities (I'm sure I missed some, but it's a start)

Priority check-in and boarding

Priority debarkation at ports

Access to the Haven, a private area with pool, hot tubs, loungers, etc.

Concierge service (not included in the DSC so require tipping)

Butler service (also not included in the DSC)

Meals in the private Epic Club as you want

Access to the Epic Lounge

Access to Posh, the deck 17 private outdoor area

Preferred seating at shows

The Haven, Epic Club, etc. are at the front of the ship, so even though you have access you'll have to do a bit of walking :)

Congrats on being cancer free! Enjoy your trip. I'd love to have a suite on the Epic

Edited by sdmike

From the moment you check in, it's a totally different experience. Suite guests who arrive at the port early are held in a separate area, then once the ship is cleared, you line up and board ahead of the crowds. Once in the Haven you'll either be in the lounge area until your PH is ready, or go directly to your room. The butler and concierge are there to assist as needed. How much you use either is your decision.

Each day, you'll receive treats in the late afternoon. My preference has always been toward fruit, cheese and crackers, though the occasional strawberry works, too.

Nicest part is the dining option. We were on the B'way last fall and thoroughly enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Haven Restaurant. We also did a la carte dining in many of the optional dining sites. No need to venture outside the Haven area - plenty of lounge chairs and bar service at the pool. Plenty of quiet areas, too.

We also had a group get-together for friends and business associates in our PH one afternoon. Our butler provided snacks that I requested, and a big basket of onion rings to satisfy my desire for junk food. Since our room was but a step away from the Haven cocktail lounge, it was easy to take guests there and let them select their drink of choice.

We also experienced the Haven cocktail hour one night. OK, it was an hour of free drinks. I had issues with a large group that was on the cruise, and invited to the Haven at the same time as our so called "exclusive" meeting with the ship's officers, but that's another story.

Being on a ship with so many pax has its drawbacks, but being in the Haven makes is so much more personal. One night, while the guys were downing oysters and sushi, my GF and I decided to check out the buffet for dinner. We looked at all the food and turned around to go back to the Haven for dinner.

Darcy

You will love it. My husband and I were in an aft penthouse suite in April of last year. I love sitting on the balcony with the wake of the ship. The butler was fantastic and the concierge will make all your reservations and even brings you to the shows before everyone else, you have the pick of the show venues.

Congrats on 1 year cancer free!!!!

Mike

Aren't you due for a cruise?

:)

*sigh*

Yes I am, but I just shipped a kid off to college. #teambroke

I'd gladly take a crowd-sourced cruise with the promise to document the heck out of it (pictures, reviews, scans of dailies, pictures of every food item, etc.) :) It wouldn't take many people at $25 per pop. Maybe some would donate to keep me off the boards for a while. lol

Edited by sdmike

*sigh*

Yes I am, but I just shipped a kid off to college. #teambroke

I'd gladly take a crowd-sourced cruise with the promise to document the heck out of it (pictures, reviews, scans of dailies, pictures of every food item, etc.) :) It wouldn't take many people at $25 per pop. Maybe some would donate to keep me off the boards for a while. lol

I'd contribute in a heartbeat as long as you sampled every beer/brew in every port and provided us with your professional analysis. ;)

Cheers,

Ali

And congratulations tink!

Thank you for the pictures! We are in 10325.