Spirit Itinerary Changer - Letter from NCL

rhinomike

We are just back from NORWEGIAN JADE before she went to Sochi for her hotel charter.

We were told onboard that this would be the last call in Izmir by the Future Cruise Consultant as she regret that she has no Izmir-magnet... and operation of NORWEGIAN JADE will move to Kusadai after the Olympic Games in Sochi.

We are booked for September 2014 again on NORWEGIAN JADE but no notification so far.

So we will see what will happen on March 16, when the next scheduled call of a Turkish port would come... Izmir or Kusadasi.

By the way:

if you like to see impressions from Kusadasi:

we have been there just in October 2013:

http://heinbloed-hal.blogspot.de/2013/10/tagday-64-auf-deron-ryndam-in-kusadasi.html

2013-HAL-RYNDAM-60914.jpg

The price from Izmir is double for a cap to Ephesus...

or instead of walking of old stones... you lie down on old stones and let the girls treat you... wonderful...

2013-HAL-RYNDAM-61016.jpg

2013-HAL-RYNDAM-61602.jpg

2013-HAL-RYNDAM-61421.jpg

2013-HAL-RYNDAM-61803.jpg

and more impressions from our recent NCL-sailing to Eastern Med Sea:

http://heinbloed-ncl.blogspot.com

Have a great time in Turkey.

Regards

HeinBloed

Edited by HeinBloed

On our Roll Call for Jade on May 31st one member had gotten already email about the change from NCL. We're booked through a TA so I'd assume that the info comes through them at some point.

Edited by Demonyte

I noticed after reading these posts , that our Jade cruise 28 March next yr, has also changed from Izmir to Kusadasi, no word about it from NCL, but I imagine it will happen eventually..

I do think it would be good customer relations by Ncl, to tell their passengers, before we find out elsewhere though...

eg..like finding out after reading others posts here on Cc.

Not everyone who cruises reads Cc...apparently only about 5%.

What would we do without Cruise Critic.

In terms of getting to Ephesus there is nothing between the two ports.

But for those not visiting Ephesus Kusadasi offers a little more as it is more geared up for tourists. We went there many years ago on an excursion from one of the Greek Islands. We visited Ephesus and the obligatory carpet factory then had some free time in the town before our hydrofoil departure. The vendors were rabid! We went back to the dock early to find we were the last ones back.

If NCL are as good as RCI then the majority of passengers will only find out once they board.

Our cruise has also changed on Jade.

Izmir is very industrial and not a nice as Kusadasi.

In fairness to NCL, they do seem to be quite good at informing people. We had a port change on the Epic a couple of years ago, and were informed by email.

Some people have received notification for the Spirit. It looks like they are updating the Jade at the moment. MyNCL still states Izmir for us, but on NCL UK the cruise details have both listed. I'm expecting to get a formal notification in the next couple of days, which sounds fine to me.

Our cruise has also changed on Jade.

Izmir is very industrial and not a nice as Kusadasi.

Nice to know that others meanwhile were notified but us... obviously...

Well Izmir with the right tour guide was one of the nicest experience:

2014-NCL-JADE-050420.jpg

2014-NCL-JADE-050513.jpg

2014-NCL-JADE-050631.jpg

2014-NCL-JADE-050804.jpg

2014-NCL-JADE-050831.jpg

2014-NCL-JADE-050918.jpg

I would say it was one of the nicest experience on our last cruise. So who did not have a chance to make the experience like us: sorry. Because next time Kusadasi.

Regards

HeinBloed

I noticed after reading these posts , that our Jade cruise 28 March next yr, has also changed from Izmir to Kusadasi, no word about it from NCL, but I imagine it will happen eventually..

I do think it would be good customer relations by Ncl, to tell their passengers, before we find out elsewhere though...

eg..like finding out after reading others posts here on Cc.

Not everyone who cruises reads Cc...apparently only about 5%.

What would we do without Cruise Critic.

The days of being able to inform all your customers before news leaks out are well and truly gone now.

As soon as people get a notification they will head straight to websites like this to let people know. I don't know how NCL's systems work, but I suspect each cruise needs updating individually (there are a number of itineraries and two different ships involved). In order to avoid it turning up on CC before everyone has got their notification would probably involve not sending any out for a few days until they have updated everything.

Even then, I suspect someone would notice something changed on the cruise details on the NCL website, and they would get criticised for updating that before notifying passengers.

I'm sure we will be informed soon, and until then we've got the heads up from Cruise Critic. I'd much rather that than them withhold the information for a few more days whilst they update everything, which doesn't really help anyone.

I have not gotten anything yet from NCL, but others on my roll call have. We are on the Spirit sailing 6/23. Our port time is now 9-2 according to others on the roll call, previously 7:00-2:30, so we've lost some port time. I need to check w/the private tour company I've booked to see if they can accommodate us in Kusadasi instead of Izmir & if the short port time will still work. I do not want to take a ship's tour as I don't want the rug factory/leather show, but with only 5 hours in port I may have to.

I have not gotten anything yet from NCL, but others on my roll call have. We are on the Spirit sailing 6/23. Our port time is now 9-2 according to others on the roll call, previously 7:00-2:30, so we've lost some port time. I need to check w/the private tour company I've booked to see if they can accommodate us in Kusadasi instead of Izmir & if the short port time will still work. I do not want to take a ship's tour as I don't want the rug factory/leather show, but with only 5 hours in port I may have to.

Do what we did:

we booked a car incl. driver plus a tour guide.

We paid all other expenses ourselves.

NO PULLING TO ANY SHOP.

EATING WHERE WE WANTED.

SHOPPING ONLY ON OUR DEMAND.

The perfect tour.

Regards

HeinBloed

We are on the 3/12 cruise on the Jade and haven't received anything.

We are on 5/6 and received the email yesterday. One would hope they would inform people in the order of their cruises to allow for non-NCL shore activities to be changed.

You're also only a couple of hours away from Pamukkale, when you dock in Kusadasi.

It's pretty spectacular too (go to Ephesus first, but if you're looking for an alternative to Ephesus)

https://www.google.ca/search?q=turkey+kusadasi+travertine&client=firefox-a&hs=H63&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=3FIPU92oF8GbqgH2nYGIDQ&ved=0CCgQsAQ&biw=1730&bih=913

Stephen

You're also only a couple of hours away from Pamukkale, when you dock in Kusadasi.

It's pretty spectacular too (go to Ephesus first, but if you're looking for an alternative to Ephesus)

https://www.google.ca/search?q=turkey+kusadasi+travertine&client=firefox-a&hs=H63&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=fflb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=3FIPU92oF8GbqgH2nYGIDQ&ved=0CCgQsAQ&biw=1730&bih=913

Stephen

Something we are interested to do... but checking on Google Maps shows an one-way transit time of approx. 4 hours.

Regards

HeinBloed