CB cruise from Houston 2/15/14 review

caribill

Question: Only six movies listed for MUTS. Does this mean there is a night without MUTS or is there a repeat? If there is a night without, which night? Appreciate your time in posting this. Leaving tomorrow for CB on Saturday.

No MUTS movie the night of the Ultimate Deck Party (Tuesday, Roatan day).

How do passengers find out about the dessert buffet if it isn't in the Patters? What is the Crab Shack? Is there a main dining room open for lunch on embarkation day?

Thank you for the review.

Dessert buffet was listed in the Patter on the back page-

"Cafe Caribe Noon -2:30 pm Pastry Extravaganza"

Every Patter has a Dining Guide box on the back page summarizing meal options for the day.

Hi Caribill...nice meeting you folks at the meet and greet. Loved your review. We had a great time on this cruise. I agree that the last sea day (Friday) was quite rough. I very rarely get seasick but I didn't feel too great this day. I thought the service was probably the best I have ever experienced on a Princess ship.

Nothing close. I count five holes in this poor excuse for a putting green. Certainly not mini-golf.
I agree about this poor excuse. We loved the putting course on the Crown Princess, and were sorely disappointed in this green. It was also a challenge as there was no shelter from the wind, so even a short putt could miss :confused:.

Thanks for the thorough review - it answered a lot of questions.

Did you by any chance see what kind of bands they had in the Wheelhouse or Explorer's - (we like ballroom dancing) ?

Did you by any chance see what kind of bands they had in the Wheelhouse or Explorer's - (we like ballroom dancing) ?

I don't know what kinds of bands, but there were at least two bands going each evening.

There were at least two evenings in Explorers with "Big Band Ballroom with the Caribbean Princess Orchestra."

On several occasions the Patter listed "Ballroom Dance Date" with pre-recorded music.

Seriously, they showed Captain Phillips on MUTS? When we saw that movie, my daughters (ages 24 and 18) said they weren't going on the cruise. We leave in 9 days!!! I bet they still go. Just won't be around the MUTS screen that night!

I had the same thought! I guess "Poseidon" was not available?

But in all seriousness, thank you caribill for a terrific review!

Edited by derdejoh

Can you please tell me how to get to the viewing deck above the bridge? Hopefully we can do this when we get on board next week.

Only those that have been on the Caribbean Princess before may access this area.

Just kidding. On my first Princess cruise about 5 years ago, I think I was the only one on the ship that knew about this area (thanks cruise critic) and it was an awesome place for serenity. Now it gets a bit crowded at times.