formal nights

It's been a while since we did a rcl cruise. How strict are they on the dress code. We dress nicely…but I wouldn't call it formal.

Not strict, and depending on the sailing, traditional formal wear (tux/gown) is probably worn by at most 25% of the passengers (on average). Suit or jacket for men and skirt/blouse or cocktail dress for women, pushes to or above the 50% mark, but every type of style can be seen represented in the MDR, even on formal night.

Edited by Dajbman22

It's been a while since we did a rcl cruise. How strict are they on the dress code. We dress nicely…but I wouldn't call it formal.

You will be fine :)

Yes, definitely will be fine.

I'd ignore all the "percentages" you'll see quoted though - over the last few weeks I've seen authoritative posts claiming anywhere from "almost none" to "over 85%" will be wearing at least suit/tie or better. :)

Yes, definitely will be fine.

I'd ignore all the "percentages" you'll see quoted though - over the last few weeks I've seen authoritative posts claiming anywhere from "almost none" to "over 85%" will be wearing at least suit/tie or better. :)

You can't ignore this percentage...100% of the time I wear what I want to dinner in the MDR be in a Polo or a button up shirt and tie.

Others will say it just ruins THEIR time on the ship and THEIR dinner experience to see other not dress like them but who cares. Dress how you want and have fun you are on your vacation!!!:D

You can't ignore this percentage...100% of the time I wear what I want to dinner in the MDR be in a Polo or a button up shirt and tie.

Others will say it just ruins THEIR time on the ship and THEIR dinner experience to see other not dress like them but who cares. Dress how you want and have fun you are on your vacation!!!:D

Like! :D

Very true. I only tried aggregating the % from various reports of people (and my own experiences) to give the OP an idea of the general "feel" of the room in case they were judging what to do to "fit in". I personally don't care what other people wear to the MDR (and to the people who retort "what about nudists" I say, why the heck not... here's hoping they hit the vitality gym enough).

Only people I have seen turned away on Royal are people in shorts at dinner. Always see a few jeans and t-shirts on formal nights.

HAL is the only ones I have seen enforce their dress code. They will give the gentlemen jackets on formal night if they show up without one. No jacket = no entry :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

+1. Agree 100%.