Catching up to ship in the next port

Aunu

We are booked on a cruise that leaves next Saturday, My husband isn't going to make it because of work but will catch up to us on Monday in San Juan. What is the procedure for him to join us?

We are booked on a cruise that leaves next Saturday, My husband isn't going to make it because of work but will catch up to us on Monday in San Juan. What is the procedure for him to join us?

Just curious why they wouldn't allow it?

He would contravening the Jones Act . The Jones Act doesn't allow foreign flagged vessels to carry passengers between two American Ports without stopping in a foreign port. Only Aruba , Bonaire , Curicoa and Cartagena are foreign ports on the Caribbean.

He would contravening the Jones Act . The Jones Act doesn't allow foreign flagged vessels to carry passengers between two American Ports without stopping in a foreign port. Only Aruba , Bonaire , Curicoa and Cartagena are foreign ports on the Caribbean.

Wrong information. The Jones Act pertains to the transportation of cargo. It is the PVSA that is the cabotage law pertaining to transportation of people and San Juan is exempt. The OP does need to work this out with Celebrity in advance so they can arrange to have authorities present to clear her husband for boarding. It is unlikely to be an issue, but would have to be cleared with Celebrity.

Wrong information. The Jones Act pertains to the transportation of cargo. It is the PVSA that is the cabotage law pertaining to transportation of people and San Juan is exempt. The OP does need to work this out with Celebrity in advance so they can arrange to have authorities present to clear her husband for boarding. It is unlikely to be an issue, but would have to be cleared with Celebrity.

I called Celebrity and they said he couldn't join in San Juan, I assuming they didn't know that San Juan was exempt? When I call back tomorrow who should I talk to or what she I say?

I called Celebrity and they said he couldn't join in San Juan, I assuming they didn't know that San Juan was exempt? When I call back tomorrow who should I talk to or what she I say?

Try calling 800-256-6649 - that is Celebrity's number specially for arranging to join a cruise late or leave one early.

I know it varies by itinerary, but I know of someone on this board (it was the thread about the fellow board member offering to drive them to a different airport in Texas...if that rings any bells??) that met the ship in San Juan and had a Florida departure.

If I remember the thread correctly it was the posters son who missed the ship and met it in San Juan.

It was in the last couple of months.

I know it varies by itinerary, but I know of someone on this board (it was the thread about the fellow board member offering to drive them to a different airport in Texas...if that rings any bells??) that met the ship in San Juan and had a Florida departure.

If I remember the thread correctly it was the posters son who missed the ship and met it in San Juan.

It was in the last couple of months.

That was me and it worked out beautifully for my son and DIL. The OP emailed me yesterday about it. I told her what we did.