All the little things....

dcedar

For the last several years, we've been sailing Carnival. I haven't been on an RCI cruise since 2008.

I can honestly say, that over the past 2 years, I'm not liking what Carnival is becoming. They're becoming to associated with brands (i.e., "Guy's Burger Joint", "Hasbro: The Game Show"). It just seems like a way for them to get more money. They're getting rid of live bands during the shows (which just a few years ago, they were bragging about being the one of the only lines that still has live bands). Now, changing the whole dining room situation (the menus, concepts, everything about it) is a game changer for us. I can honestly say, that I'm not happy with the changes Carnival is making and it seems it's for the almighty dollar. I just think Carnival is changing too much too quickly. Plus, every single ship is a cookie-cutter. No matter which ship you go on, there will be a "Red Frog Rum Bar", "Blue Iguana Cantina", a "Guy's Burger Joint", etc. "Fun Ship 2.0" I think will ruin the cruise line.

I'm very excited to be sailing RCI again. While there have been cutbacks to some things, it doesn't seem like they're as huge as Carnival is making. I can live without the chocolate. I find that as a man, I do not need a free woman's razor in the bathroom, so that's not a minus in my book. Again, I'm very much looking forward to RCI again. Hopefully, I'll become a Loyal Royal again!

Again, these are all my opinions. Please take them for what they're worth (which is nothing).

I haven't been on a Carnival cruise, but have been on Celebrity and multiple princess and RCCL cruises. I personally love RCCL because their ships are a million times more fun than the previous mentioned boats. I go for which ship will be the most fun and entertaining, not which ship gives more crappy chocolate that i eventually pass out on, smear all over the bed and wake up hoping it wasn't an accident.

Princess does the chocolates on the bed, and the towel animals etc but the ships are very boring and geared toward an older crowd.

It all depends on what you want from the Cruise ship/line.

I believe it's a combo shampoo/conditioner.

Thanks, Bob. I never got a definitive answer on what that stuff in the shower is.

Hi Bob – Sailed the Enchantment last weekend. The dispenser in the shower actually had a label that indicated “shampoo”. I've yet to try it.

Hope all is well –

Marci

Hi Bob – Sailed the Enchantment last weekend. The dispenser in the shower actually had a label that indicated “shampoo”. I've yet to try it.

Hope all is well –

Marci

Thanks Marci, I never saw a label on the mystery fluid dispenser in the shower.

I think Merion Mom posted a photo of the container the attendants used to refill the dispenser. If she sees this, I'm hoping she can post the photo again.

Edited by clarea

Yes but why not be fair and also make a comparison to what RCI has that Carnival does not. I, personally, haven't sailed Carnival so I'm obviously not the right person for that but I know I absolutely love, love, love, how Royals ships are decorated and look. Plus the shows, flow riders, ice skating rinks, zip line, etc. I will take those ANYDAY over a chocolate on my pillow or a robe in my room. I don't even use a robe at home. When I see them in hotel closets I never even put them on.

I guess I enjoy my life otherwise and something so minimal just does not mean jack to me. If I cruised for those reasons I might as well just stay home.

I should also mention that we were on the Navigator of the Seas last year with our kids and we did have towel animals. Every night? I don't think so but I would say at least 4 of the 7. Each night the towel animal got crazier and crazier. By crazy I mean hanging from the ceiling with our sunglasses on it, etc. Maybe it is because we had kids. It was funny but if we hadn't had that it wouldn't have changed our cruise. For us the cruise is not about the room at all. I don't even want to take the time to put a robe on. I want to get out and enjoy every single thing the ship has to offer.

Debbie

Edited by debbs0723