??about studio cabins

NCGAL1971

Got a ? About the studio cabins. If someone has a problem with motion of the ship sometimes would you recommend these cabins? They r all interior. At least from what I'm seeing. If u get a little dizzy it's always better to be able to look out a window. I like these have no supplement but worry about any motion. Can anybody comment that experiences motion sickness ?

Thanks

I have just returned from my first solo experience in a studio cabin on the Norwegian Getaway. Although I rarely react to motion, the inside studio cabin is very protected. I felt no motion whatsoever. Although it was a very smooth cruise, there was a lot of wind and I felt it on the pool deck somewhat. The studio was also very quiet. I slept so well because of it. A great solo experience and would do it again in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...

I suffer from motion sickness and my last cruise was in the studios. My cabin was towards the front of the ship-I felt the motion, but it was a gentle rocking. Those in the know say that midship is less motion. I have found my combo that prevents me from getting sick-my first cruise was miserable, because I did not realize I would be motion sick and the entire ship was out of every motion sickness remedy:eek: so I had to suffer through. Lesson learned-I go prepared. I use the sea bands-do they work? For me, yes. . I take bonine 7 days before, during the cruise and 7 days after. My last resort is ginger candy if it gets too bad. If you are feeling sick-you can always go up top and look at the horizon. The studios have a window channel, a bridge cam so you can sort of look at the horizon but I never needed to. The studios were great. I would stay again happily!

What is a window channel? You mention the bridge cam. Are you referring to the tv channel that has info about the ship?

I will definitely take meds. Usually Bonnie or Dramamine . I have the sea bands but they don't seem to really work for me.

This is my concern about the studios as well. I was so pleased to see the good fares, but became disappointed when I saw the location of the cabins. I am sensitive to motion, so I prefer a low deck, midship oceanview cabin (for the horizon and view, not necessarily less motion). The solo cabins were all on upper decks. I appreciate NCL's effort to accommodate the solo cruiser. I'm just not sure I want to be up so high.

Edited by SnowshoeCat

Exactly. They all see to be on higher decks toward the front of the ship. Might be better for me to book ocean view and just pay the extra $$. I'm thinking about Alaska for next year and I don't believe any of the studio cabins are on those ships anyway. I am considering the Caribbean for this year though and thought about the studios.