Rome to Gatwick to Southampton

We are flying British Air from Rome to Gatwick, then train to Southampton. Will we have to go through customs/immigration at Gatwick? I've read BA is at North Terminal (correct?) and the train station is at the South Terminal (correct?). What is our most efficient way of getting our luggage, getting to the station and getting our prepaid tickets? We have two hours from touch down to train departure....did I cut it too close? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

We are flying British Air from Rome to Gatwick, then train to Southampton. Will we have to go through customs/immigration at Gatwick? I've read BA is at North Terminal (correct?) and the train station is at the South Terminal (correct?). What is our most efficient way of getting our luggage, getting to the station and getting our prepaid tickets? We have two hours from touch down to train departure....did I cut it too close? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Two hours will be lots. Yes, you'll need to clear immigration and customs at LGW, but it's fairly minimal for intra-european flights.

As for North to South terminal, it's pretty straight forward there's a little people mover shuttle train between the terminals.

I presume you have a US passport in which case you will need to join the queue for non EU Passport holders even though you are arriving on an intra-EU flight. This tends to move slower than the EU line however as most on your flight will be EU passengers it should not be as bad as it would arriving on a flight from the US where 300 passengers descend on the non EU line. When you have your baggage you can use the blue EU Customs channel to exit baggage reclaim as your flight originated in the EU (as long as you have nothing to declare).

The people carrier from the North Terminal runs every few minutes and takes just a few minutes. Its all level from baggage reclaim to the south terminal then there are lifts or escalators down to the train platform. From collecting your bags to being on the train platform should take around 10 mins total at a steady pace. You can use a trolley from baggage reclaim to the people mover then pick up another trolley from the end of the people mover to get you to the station.

However, two hours should be fine as long as you dont encounter any delays.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app