Jewel of the Seas Refurb.

Jewel has not had her enhancements yet and the last word was sometime in 2016.

Agree..I heard May 2016..but we know how easily things can change when it comes to RCI ;)

I have it from a good source that in Sept. 2015, Jewel is coming to be home ported in LA.

When I checked the deck plans, it offers 2 different ones--before and after summer 2015. :confused:

Pat

According to this link, which has been updated, Jewel will go in for enhancements in April of 2016 http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/R...ence_Guide.pdf

According to this link, which has been updated, Jewel will go in for enhancements in April of 2016 http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/R...ence_Guide.pdf

Nearly two weeks ago when I called about the Sept/Oct 2015 (LA r.t.) sailings, the rep advised refurbishment was to take place in April 2016. If that's the case, good news for us Seaview Cafe fans! :)

I have it from a good source that in Sept. 2015, Jewel is coming to be home ported in LA.

When I checked the deck plans, it offers 2 different ones--before and after summer 2015. :confused:

Pat

Sorry Pat but JOS won't be "home ported" in LA..She just has 2 cruises booked out of LA (San Pedro) Sept 26th & Oct 3rd and one out of San Diego May 16th...and these started booking up over a week ago...Luckily we're going to be on her Sept 26th and so glad RCI is testing the waters back here on the west coast...but testing the waters and being home ported are two completely different things. :D

Edited by Ashland

Well, darn !! I was hoping. :D

We were planning to book the Sept 26th cruise also.

These are already booking ?? I better hustle. :)

Where is a good balcony cabin ?? What deck.?

Pat

Edited by sassyredhat

Well, darn !! I was hoping. :D

We were planning to book the Sept 26th cruise also.

These are already booking ?? I better hustle. :)

Where is a good balcony cabin ?? What deck.?

Pat

I'd choose deck 9 so as not to be directly under the pool deck. Less change for noise from above.

Wow....I did book the cruise on Sept. 26, 2015, and traditional dining is already closed. :eek:

Apparently, this cruise is selling very well. The hump cabins I wanted are already booked.

We ended up on deck 8 in 8688 (I think). At any rate, we are fine with that choice.

Also, they are asking for prepaid gratuities already.

Thanks everyone for the info.

Pat

• 2 months later...

I've booked on the May 16 from San Diego on the Jewel. Haven't sailed on her before but somehow I snagged 9708 - booking agent said it was an extended balcony and when I view the deck plan it does look quite large. Anyone have experience with this cabin?

Christine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've booked on the May 16 from San Diego on the Jewel. Haven't sailed on her before but somehow I snagged 9708 - booking agent said it was an extended balcony and when I view the deck plan it does look quite large. Anyone have experience with this cabin?

Christine

9708 on Jewel ? Sure about that cabin # or is it 9078 :confused:

Great extended balcony in 9078 but some have noted noise from the centrum...wouldn't be a problem for me and probably not for you either...ENJOY...Jewel is a favorite and will be on her again Sept 2014 Southern Caribbean and then again Sept 2015 that great return of RCI to our west coast.

Edited by Ashland

9708 on Jewel ? Sure about that cabin # or is it 9078 :confused:

Lol. You are right. My fingers and the iPhone don't always agree. 9078 is what I am booked in.

Christine

Edited by cmlv150

Lol. You are right. My fingers and the iPhone don't always agree. 9078 is what I am booked in.

Christine

9078 is one of our favorite staterooms on Radiance class ships. Great location, larger balcony, convenient to elevators and public stairwell. Think you will be well pleased with your choice.

Does anyone know if the JOS has been refurbed yet? If not does anyone know when it is scheduled to be refurbed?

I saw you had several answers. I'll just add, she looks great without the refurb. She is in great condition and I don't look forward to the Seaview cafe and outdoor dining going away. I will consider the new flatscreen TVs to be an upgrade (fort those about to hit reply and say, with their nose in the air -" I dont' watch TV on a cruise, save your energy) Even on this last port intensive cruise, I like to turn on the TV and see the ships location on the map. The newer software is clearly geared toward wide screen televisions and was almost useless on a 19" CRT set.

the flat screen is not going to improve picture quality...i too enjoy seeing the ships position but who cares

Very wrong. To start, the old CRTs have a ration of 4:3 and when you crunch the ships channel position into that, its hard to see, compared to the wider screens. Team in how fast it changes (on Jewel) in scale, and the older phospor of these older tubes along with some convergence issues of older CRT TVs the channel was almost useless.

Who cares? I do, was it my no need to reply comment that got you? BAZINGA!

Edited by BillOh

Wow....I did book the cruise on Sept. 26, 2015, and traditional dining is already closed. :eek:

Apparently, this cruise is selling very well. The hump cabins I wanted are already booked.

We ended up on deck 8 in 8688 (I think). At any rate, we are fine with that choice.

Pat

We booked the Oct. 3 cruise during the first week it opened. We couldn't get a hump cabin on deck 9, (our deck of choice) as we are only 2 people & the hump cabins on that deck can hold 3 (the new RC rules on cabin capacity applied to this sailing). We too are fine with our 2nd. choice.

Due to choosing MTD, pre-paid gratuities was already added on to our booking confirmation.

So glad that RC is offering a Pacific Coastal cruise again. We do hope they sell out all 3 WC cruises & decide to return a ship to our side of the county on a permanent (seasonal would be OK too) basis.

Really looking forward to our first Radiance Class cruise!

Pat

We booked the jos while on the aos med. May 8. They were putting everyone on a wait list and charging the gratuities up front. I said no way the early dining was full. He put in my request and the next day we had early dining and gratuities removed.

We booked the 9/18/15 Jewel coastal on March 31st and were given MTD, wait listed for early dining and charged the gratuities (to be paid with final payment). About a month later I looked at our reservation in "my cruises" and they had given us early seating but did not remove the gratuities. By this time some friends had also booked and had MTD so I just told my TA to put us back on MTD. Especially since they hadn't removed the prepaid gratuities.