Carnival Splendor Cabin with "Portholes".

Jeffrey1950

We just got offf Splendor a few months ago. We had room 2221. There are 2 twins that convert to a king. A sofa that converts to a bed and an upper that can be made into a bed if needed. Instead of a big window in an oceanview there are 2 porthole windows and a window sill. Go to cruiselinerooms dot com for some pictures. I uploaded them there.

Will you be sailing from NY to the Bahamas or Caribbean? When you are in more open ocean you may feel more motion (between islands not as much).

There were a few rough nights on our sailing days because of storms, but the lower in the ship you are the less you tend to feel it. We also had something happen to the ship that they repaired in Port Canaveral that caused the ship to lean a little.

If you tend to get motion sickness I would recommend getting some bonine or other motion sickness pills before you go and take prior to sailing and as needed if you start to feel queasy. I only had to take them a few days to feel comfortable.

I've sailed twice on t he Triumph with a port hole room "1201". I love them.

Of course I'm sailing solo. I get sea sickness really easy but have never

felt queasy in these rooms.

I'm going on Magic this year and chose a different week than I wanted just to get the port hole room again.

JT

We sailed Splendor 1/28 out of NYC and loved her.

We were on Deck 2 in an OV towards the AFT. Just about felt no movement.

The room was pretty big to.

Are the porthole rooms at the front on deck 1?

You may feel a little just bring motion sickness pills in case.

Edited by limoguy1

I did the cruise up to St. John's two years ago on the " Glory" had a balcony that was hardly used but it was nice knowing it was there. Yet, I remember on that particular trip the sea was a bit rough one night I remember thinking I was going to roll out of bed. That was high up. I read some where once that the higher up you are the more movement you feel. It is a tough decision to change or not can someone tell me if these cabins are near the elevators? My trip is in September when seas can be very rough.