Princess Transfers CB - Bayport to IAH

sueandkent

We sail in a couple of weeks and we have not reserved any transfers back from the ship to IAH. I can't find anywhere in the personalizer that allows me to add these on so I assume our TA would have to do it.

My question is though, can we just wait until we are on the ship and book them then and have them charged to our onboard account? I see to remember on our last two cruises that when they bring you your disembarkation info you can book transfers at that time. Not sure if I'm remembering that correctly though.

Anyone who has recently sailed the CB out of Bayport know how much the return transfer is? We only need it from the ship, not going to.

We are in Canada and have been fortunate to get the cruise and pre-purchase our soda cards in CDN funds at par, anyone know if we pre-buy the transfers if this too would be charged to our CC in CDN funds. If so, it would be better for us to purchase them ahead.

Thanks for the help.

We cruised a week ago on the Caribbean Princess and the transfers from the port to IAH were fast and efficient. We had a 1:30 flight and were sitting in the airport at 9:30. We purchased the transfers onboard the ship. We received notice about disembarkation on Sunday (or maybe Monday) and immediately filled out the form and turned it in.

We came back to Bayport in November and did not personally need transfers - but since we got fogged in for 4 hours we got to "listen" to many worried travelers that did. :mad: And also have experience from 5 Galveston cruises -

Not sure exactly who offered it, but if your schedule allows, you can do a tour of NASA (Space Center) and tie it in to your return to the airport - people seemed to like the idea and it cost about the same as the straight transfer - also when fogged in and hours behind in debarkation it had left them with a built in time cushion.

Also look on the cruise page for excursions and look at the last day - Houston, I think they are there if ties a transfer to NASA tour (used to be there, not sure now).

Finally, it is a long way to IAH so a cab is high, but if shared with 2 couples - it might work. They are there by the dozens and if you are running late they will get you there quick. In November they saved a lot of people missed flights.

Also look on the cruise page for excursions and look at the last day - Houston, I think they are there if ties a transfer to NASA tour (used to be there, not sure now).

Tour of Space Center Houston is for those with domestic flights after 3 PM and international flights after 4 PM. Cost is $99 for adults and $79 for children including the xfer to the airport.

Transfer without the tour is $24/person.

Tour of Space Center Houston is for those with domestic flights after 3 PM and international flights after 4 PM. Cost is $99 for adults and $79 for children including the xfer to the airport.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to find out. Thanks also to all who offered info. We will book the transfers when we get on.

• 2 weeks later...
You can still get the xfers by calling your TA.

You can get them on the ship, but go to the tour desk early in the cruise to do so as they can sell out.

Was wondering this. We cant book transfers from ship in advance due to our flight from HOU is before 1:30, its at 11:30. Wondering if we can get an early xfer while on ship. I do here people getting them for as early as 8:30.

Was wondering this. We cant book transfers from ship in advance due to our flight from HOU is before 1:30, its at 11:30. Wondering if we can get an early xfer while on ship. I do here people getting them for as early as 8:30.

On our February CB cruise, first disembarkation for HOU xfers was at 8:15 which, if ship is on time and customs is efficient, should get you to HOU by 9:45.

The second (and last) HOU disembarkation was scheduled for 8:45.

We took this tour/transfer and I wouldn't recommend it, simply because there's too much at the space center to see, and so little time to see it. The few we did see were rushed.

Noticed that you are from Canada. If you do book your transfers on board, they will be charged in US dollars. If you book them before, you will pay in CDN dollars - so long as your booking is in CDN. Price is still $24/pp.

We are on the April 12th sailing and have booked the transfers in advance. The exchange on $48 is probably not a huge deal ...