Burlesque shows

travsmom

There is no burlesque show on Carnival. There is A Kiss Goodnight which is more showgirl than the production shows.

The Carnival market would never accept burlesque! I don't know that I would want true burlesque. Lordy, the amount of complaints I've seen about G strings in the production shows...is ridiculous.

Costa does a topless show on a couple of their ships. This is just a normal part of a showgirl show in Vegas, Europe, Australia etc etc but there is a huge percentage of the American population that is very uptight in these matters.

Perhaps, like me, they are not uptight, but would prefer to see something else?

Personally, I am not interested in it.

Not scandalized or shocked, just bored by the whole idea.

Guess I misunderstood the OP's reference to Burlesque. I do remember the Production Shows where the female dancers did have skimpy outfits, but since they weren't topless or anything I didn't think of them as burlesque.

As I recall they showed cleavage in multiple areas.

The current Carnival burlesque show is called "A Kiss Goodnight" and is listed adults only; on the Magic it was held in the aft lounge and was hosted by the fly-on magician. I believe that it's only on the Magic and Triumph. I guess Texans love their burlesque.

For those that don't understand what the OP was referring to, it was this. They weren't referring to skimpy outfits on the big stage or anything of that nature. The "burlesque" show is adults only, usually done at midnight, and they do refer to it as a burlesque show. It was on the Triumph both out of New Orleans and out of Galveston, and I noticed it was on the Magic. No nudity in the show, but plenty of teasing & plenty of comedy. The room is packed, and oddly, there seems to be more women than men in the audience.

Amazing what people will speculate on when they haven't seen the show.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. 50% of posts are based on speculation and 49% are based on option. The occasional 1% is based on facts or actual policy/rules/regulations.

Edited by R3DP0

The stiffs around here constantly complain about thongs and outfits the performers wear. I can only imagine the number of threads that would be posted here complaining about "simulated sexual grinding" performances. It would probably exceed the number of Cheers! and Faster to the Fun posts we see now.

Go to the nightclubs and you'll see plenty of "the above"!

I haven't seen burlesque shows, but then we started cruising in 2007. I would think that it would be too risque for Carnival--especially once parents would complain about the fact that their kids had seen it. I think it would be great for Carnival to have this type of entertainment.

We have seen magic on a couple of cruises.

Not any more risqué than the topless deck.

I was wondering why Carnival doesn't have the Burlesque shows and the Magic shows that they used to have. The first cruise I took was in 2002 and they had Burlesque dancers. I believe it was on my second cruise that they had the magic show one night. They need to go back to the better entertainment. This is just my opinion.

Do you mean the Vegas Type shows with the skimpy outfits on the showgirls?

Yup, they've been replacing them with skimpy Playlist Productions.

Edited by Phlybice

Do you mean the Vegas Type shows with the skimpy outfits on the showgirls?

Yup, they've been replacing them with skimpy Playlist Productions.

No, that's not what they were asking about. They were asking about the actual burlesque shows that are advertised as burlesque shows, held in the aft lounge at midnight, adults only, usually on the same night as the magic show. No nudity, but some teasing, some comedy, some magic. An entertaining show; a bit old-school. Has frequently been on the Triumph for years, and is still there on many of their sailings (probably not all); and maybe also the Magic. Not sure about any other ship. The show is titled "A Kiss Goodnight", and is always very well attended.

For those of you who haven't been on a cruise with the burlesque show, that doesn't mean they don't exist and have never existed on Carnival. And once again, the OP is not talking about skimpy outfits on the big stage. I know you're confused, but take it from me & many others who have posted on this thread (and we for some reason are being ignored), a burlesque show has existed and still exists on at least 1 or 2 Carnival ships.

Edited by k2excursion

We were on Valor a week ago.

Saw some beautiful buns during one of the shows! :)

Eye Candy for older guys: many thanks to Carnival Cruises!

They're the best!

The female singer was very good too

- as was the juggler who held us quite spell-bound for an hour! :)

Edited by Aplmac

No, that's not what they were asking about. They were asking about the actual burlesque shows that are advertised as burlesque shows, held in the aft lounge at midnight, adults only, usually on the same night as the magic show. No nudity, but some teasing, some comedy, some magic. An entertaining show; a bit old-school. Has frequently been on the Triumph for years, and is still there on many of their sailings (probably not all); and maybe also the Magic. Not sure about any other ship. The show is titled "A Kiss Goodnight", and is always very well attended.

For those of you who haven't been on a cruise with the burlesque show, that doesn't mean they don't exist and have never existed on Carnival. And once again, the OP is not talking about skimpy outfits on the big stage. I know you're confused, but take it from me & many others who have posted on this thread (and we for some reason are being ignored), a burlesque show has existed and still exists on at least 1 or 2 Carnival ships.

Yep, that's a fact. I've seen "A kiss goodnight" twice on Triumph. Once from New Orleans & once from Galvestion. It is actually a really good show, worth staying up till midnight for.

I've seen a kiss goodnight on the Triumph 2x, the last time was Oct of 2013, so it is still around. And they do advertise it as a burlesque show!! It's adult only, in the aft lounge late, late at night. And yes, packed house!!

I've seen a kiss goodnight on the Triumph 2x, the last time was Oct of 2013, so it is still around. And they do advertise it as a burlesque show!! It's adult only, in the aft lounge late, late at night. And yes, packed house!!

Just wait until "the beards" get ahold of it and turn it into an audience participation burlesque show! :o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. Thank you.

Actually I'm pretty sure I remember Burlesque shows being advertised on our CCL cruises, but they were NOT in the main auditorium and they were for adults. I can't remember which cruises, although I have been on the Triumph, but I remember going "huh" (like oookayyy) to myself. :eek: They definitely had them but I never saw it myself.