Disembarkation time to go for GOES

Hi all,

I have noticed a number of posts lately about disembarkation lines getting through immigration

My family are all GOES trusted traveller card holders which helps us fly through (pardon the pun) immigration when we fly into the country.

I am a little surprised the machines have not started to be implemented at ports, especially where big passenger capacities are docking.

Has anyone seen the machines at ports and do you think we may be lucky enough to start seeing them in the near future?

What are everyone's thought on them?

I have never seen them, and I have cruised out of several US ports.

I'm not overly familiar with the system, but I would assume you still have to present yourself in front of a CBP agent as they look over your paperwork and ensure everything is in order. This is exactly what they do upon disembarkation. Present your ID, and declarations page, and off you go. I'm not really sure how CBP can speed the process up, other than getting more agents to work the counters.

Hi all,

I have noticed a number of posts lately about disembarkation lines getting through immigration

My family are all GOES trusted traveller card holders which helps us fly through (pardon the pun) immigration when we fly into the country.

I am a little surprised the machines have not started to be implemented at ports, especially where big passenger capacities are docking.

Has anyone seen the machines at ports and do you think we may be lucky enough to start seeing them in the near future?

What are everyone's thought on them?

I'm with you and I work for CBP. I have no idea why we don't have Global Entry in the seaports. It would be soooooooooooooooo nice, especially at the Liberty terminal which sucks and is such a nightmare to disembark.

Its time for Global Entry at seaports. You could write to CBP in HQ or your congressman or both.

I have never seen them, and I have cruised out of several US ports.

but I would assume you still have to present yourself in front of a CBP agent as they look over your paperwork and ensure everything is in order. .

You pretty much present yourself to a biometrics (fingerprint) kiosk. You have already had a background investigation done in order to get Global Entry and they already have you passport info. You present your passport to the machine, and your four fingers to be scanned. it will kick out a clearance paper which you just hand in as you walk through a fast lane

I'm with you and I work for CBP. I have no idea why we don't have Global Entry in the seaports. It would be soooooooooooooooo nice, especially at the Liberty terminal which sucks and is such a nightmare to disembark.

Its time for Global Entry at seaports. You could write to CBP in HQ or your congressman or both.

Thank you for your reply - i am glad you see the benefits. I understand it is peoples jobs, but some ports are so overloaded especially when people get off and are not ready with paperwork when they get to you guys and hold everyone up even more that it makes everyone's job more difficult, yours included.

Don't suppose you have all suggested it to your bosses:D perhaps a friendly subtle suggestion from an employee might help the cause;)

• 11 months later...
You pretty much present yourself to a biometrics (fingerprint) kiosk. You have already had a background investigation done in order to get Global Entry and they already have you passport info. You present your passport to the machine, and your four fingers to be scanned. it will kick out a clearance paper which you just hand in as you walk through a fast lane

Maybe I am missing something but I do not see how it would be any faster. When we got off of Oasis last month we presented out passports and customs form and 10 seconds later we were moving on.

What took time was waiting in line to get up to one of the stations.

You don't have to wait in line. You just go to a kiosk with your passport and it scans your fingerprint. It gives your a print out which you hand to a customs agent while you walk out the door. They are in Newark and Philadelphia airports when you deplane from an overseas flight.

Maybe I am missing something but I do not see how it would be any faster. When we got off of Oasis last month we presented out passports and customs form and 10 seconds later we were moving on.

What took time was waiting in line to get up to one of the stations.