Liverpool to Chester

We would like to go from the dock in Liverpool to Chester for the day. There seems to be so much to see and do there. We heard of a train station close to Albert Dock, with a train to Chester. Can anyone tell me more about this or offer another suggestion. We will be 6 adults traveling. Thanks for answers!

Cheers!

Chester is well worth visiting. The train journey from Liverpool to Chester and back is quite easy. The return (i.e., round-trip) fare is £6.95.

On weekdays and Saturdays, trains depart from Liverpool Central Station every 15 minutes or so. (Every 30 minutes on Sundays.) The journey takes approximately 45 minutes. Trains run with similar frequency from Chester to Liverpool.

We would like to go from the dock in Liverpool to Chester for the day. There seems to be so much to see and do there. We heard of a train station close to Albert Dock, with a train to Chester. Can anyone tell me more about this or offer another suggestion. We will be 6 adults traveling. Thanks for answers!

Cheers!

Here's a link to walking directions from the Albert Dock to Liverpool Central. Just short of a mile, if no mobility issues then shouldn't take longer than 15mins to walk.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Albert+Dock,+Unit+22+Edward+Pavilion,+Liverpool+Waterfront,+Liverpool,+Merseyside+L3+4AF,+United+Kingdom/United+Kingdom/@53.4020151,-2.9895092,16z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x487b212bcc348b1f:0xfb50f3d7bf154da9!2m2!1d-2.992551!2d53.399253!1m5!1m1!1s0x487b212460ed2851:0xa111da0624535968!2m2!1d-2.979168!2d53.404615!3e2