Would family comedy at 10PM bother you?

frayedend

One of my complaints about Carnival was finding things for my kids to do at night. I think on our last cruise we only got them to one comedy show and it was a struggle because all of the family comedy was early. It always seemed to overlap with something else like the main show. I seem to recall adult only comedy starting after 11 PM on other ships (RCL) but it's been a while so I'm not sure.

That being said I'd love to take my kids to a comedy show at 10 PM as the last thing for the night. What do others think? Would you be upset that you couldn't hear sex jokes at 10 PM?

I enjoy the Adult shows way more and wish that they

started at more like 9pm instead of 10pm

I can see that. Probably because my family are a bunch of night owls we'd be fine seeing family at 10 PM, then sending kids to bed and watching adult at 11 or midnight. Perhaps if they did it just a few nights.

I hate that the adult ones are so late as it is. Just because I'm a grown up doesn't mean I don't like to be in bed at a reasonable hour. I wish the adult shows were earlier.

Maybe they should have the comedy in the main theatre instead of the awful playlist shows and the horrid Hasbro Game Show. There is always a long line to get in both the family and late comedy sets anyway.

I wish the adult shows were earlier. We are not night owls and plan early excursions on port days so late night is out for us. We are not old just used to being up at 4:30am for work so sleeping in for us is 6:30am.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sorry, but I agree with the other posters. I like the adult shows much better and wish they were earlier - I feel like they can cover more content and are not limited in their jokes, which makes them funnier. But, I am not a night owl and like to be in bed between 10-11.

On my last cruise, they spent a lot of time picking on the kids in the front, which I did not find amusing. My DH and I seriously thought the guy was running out of material. We saw him a couple hours later at an adult show, and it was hilarious. There just aren't many places besides a cruise ship where they even do family comedy, so they don't have as many jokes.

PS - If you are really careful with your time, you can go to ATD, then the early show, then several comedy shows before 11 pm or so. We did that almost every night of our cruise.

Sorry, but I agree with the other posters. I like the adult shows much better and wish they were earlier - I feel like they can cover more content and are not limited in their jokes, which makes them funnier. But, I am not a night owl and like to be in bed between 10-11.

On my last cruise, they spent a lot of time picking on the kids in the front, which I did not find amusing. My DH and I seriously thought the guy was running out of material. We saw him a couple hours later at an adult show, and it was hilarious. There just aren't many places besides a cruise ship where they even do family comedy, so they don't have as many jokes.

PS - If you are really careful with your time, you can go to ATD, then the early show, then several comedy shows before 11 pm or so. We did that almost every night of our cruise.

I know there are ways to get the kids to see the family show. My problem is more related to them having nothing to do at 10PM. They aren't in bed until later than that on vacation.

I know there are ways to get the kids to see the family show. My problem is more related to them having nothing to do at 10PM. They aren't in bed until later than that on vacation.

Do the kids clubs not have activities at that time of night? I haven't sailed on Carnival since 2006 and my daughter is 20 now but I remember a couple of nights on a 7 night when she was 10 that she stayed out with kids clubs until like 2AM (small charge involved) and she loved it. After the late night activities a counselor walked each one back to the cabin and made sure they got inside. Has that changed since we last sailed?

We stay up late especially on a cruise. I don't care whether they keep the comedy shows "family" even at 10pm because that is too early for a comedy show for me to attend. I enjoy the 11-midnight adult comedy shows and think its a perfect time at least for us. I would not even consider attending a family comedy because its just boring, but its nice that they have family comedy for a family to enjoy together. As far as people saying thats too late for a family to me its not, your on vacation enjoy it and its not that the kids have to go to bed because they have school.

My kids never had a curfew on cruises (daughter is 22 and has been on 16 cruises so far lol) but they were the type that go to bed when they were tired. :)

We are going to push our kids to try the kids club this year but I don't know how they'll be. They have never gone, don't want to go. In my case in particular it sucks because they are 11 and 13, so 2 different age groups. I have no idea what they do at night in the kids club.

I see your point OP. It doesn't pertain to me now as my kids are young- 3 & 4 so we aren't awake past 10 or 11 but when my siblings and I were older - 15, 16, 17 we didn't go to bed on vacation (or at home) until after midnight.

My kids NEVER went to the kids program, perhaps because they were not the type that needed to be entertained, they did their own thing on all their cruises. They would walk around, they would go to the game room, sometimes they made friends and I am sure they got a lot of snacks to eat lol. They never even wanted to attend any camps because it felt like school to them where they are told what to do.

As little children (over 9 years old) I would have both my kids study the deck plans of the ship, I would go on the ship put them in a certain place on a certain deck and tell them to get me to a certain place and they had to do it in a decent time and if they past they were allowed to roam the ship without being with us and you know what....they always past!! haha I also had rules, our staterooms were always on a high deck no lower than the empress deck so the rules were never go go down to any lower deck (there was no need as they just cabins and it was for their safety also) and in a case of ANYTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY happening never to use the elevators and meet me up at the lifeboat station.

When my kids were younger than 9 I would put them to sleep our rules were never to leave the cabin and never open the door to anybody, we even have tested them at times to make sure they were obeying....and my husband and myself would take turns checking on them every hour. Some of you would not agree to this, but I know my children listened and its not that we were far away from them.

Doesnt matter to me. The better comedians are very funny whether they are doing family or adult comedy.

For first time ever on the Glory last month thought the family shows were better than the adult ones.

Some of the "adult shows" get tiresome after awhile especially when they go on and on with bathroom humor.

Some of them, especially Allyn Ball and Jorge Solano, can pull off adult humor extremely well.

The shows are great "if" you can get in. They fill up very quickly. Also if you do not mind hearing the foul language or your kids hearing extremely crude language you will love it.

I've never had a problem getting in. Just need to be a little early. That being said I don't think they allow kids into the adult shows. I'm no prude and my kids hear lots that they shouldn't but some of the adult shows go just a tad far for 13 and 11 year olds.

Adults pay for the cruises ,not the kids . Disney is better if you have kids

How about 2 adult shows a night ,and do away with the family show:eek:

Sure. How about then Carnival goes out of business.

In any case I guess I'm in the minority. Oh well. I just wish they had some other activities for older kids that didn't require the kids club.

Edited by frayedend

That being said I don't think they allow kids into the adult shows. I'm no prude and my kids hear lots that they shouldn't but some of the adult shows go just a tad far for 13 and 11 year olds.

If there is an adult with a child, no matter the age, they do allow them in. We had a comedian make fun of a couple that brought a young kid (5-6) into the adult comedy show.

On the subject of Camp Carnival........although not all kids love the atmosphere I think it offers a wonderful option for children to enjoy themselves in a SAFE environment with age appropriate activities (especially during the evening).

To equate the camp with school?:confused:......either your kids go to a fabulous school:D or they really haven't given it much of a try:rolleyes:.....I would equate it more to a "summer camp" experience. And NO, not all kids love summer camp and not every single moment of summer camp is absolute fun....but you do meet other kids, you do LOTS of fun activities and again let me stress that the children are in a basically SAFE environment.

I don't agree that children (under a certain age.....probably 12?? - could be different?) should be "roaming" the ship unattended - yes they do it (and obviously they've done it safely or we'd be reading a lot more horror stories) - but that doesn't mean it's a good thing (for them or for other passengers - I've also witnessed many unruly, unsupervised children whose parents wouldn't believe what they were doing!:eek:).

I am a parent to seven children (from 2-35), grandma to six; and foster mom to 40; and many of our children have cruised with us. We always ask them to attend camp orientation and then attend as often as they like after that.....but they are not to "roam the ship" if they are not with the camp....they can be with us or some other location....but I need to know where they'll be (i.e. mini golf, buffet, movie, etc) and when they'll change locations. It's worked well.:)

I hope your family has a great trip - cruising can be such a great experience for families (and groups with varied ages).

I don't think they allow kids into the adult shows.

Yep, they generally keep a close eye on the age limit. DD (18) got carded several times on the Liberty last summer. Admittedly she looked much younger than 18!

In any case I guess I'm in the minority. Oh well. I just wish they had some other activities for older kids that didn't require the kids club.

Why not bring a deck of cards or check out the board games available onboard the ship?