How to be prepared for incidents?

2red4u

First time cruiser here. I purchased insurance. Does everyone just print out policy info and take it with you or is there more we should take? Also has anyone ever had misplaced or lost luggage on a cruise and had to use insurance to replace those items on a cruise? How does that work? We are cruising to alaska and I can't imagine the nightmare to find replacement clothes clothes to fit all of us!

First time cruiser here. I purchased insurance. Does everyone just print out policy info and take it with you or is there more we should take? Also has anyone ever had misplaced or lost luggage on a cruise and had to use insurance to replace those items on a cruise? How does that work? We are cruising to alaska and I can't imagine the nightmare to find replacement clothes clothes to fit all of us!

Sometimes the policy will come with a wallet-size card that you can print and cut out. We will carry that with us on our person. In addition, we will print out the full policy and keep it in our bag. Finally, we will have a copy of the policy and contact info on our smartphones.

In all our travels, we've only had one claim, and that was a cancellation prior to the start of the cruise. Sorry but I can't comment on experience with lost luggage. Read your policy carefully. If you have to purchase replacement items, it would likely be on a reimbursement basis, so be sure to keep all your receipts!

Thank you! I made sure we had lost and damaged on luggage. I'm a sale shopper and can't even imagine having to pay full cost for clothes in tiny alaska ports, if that happens.

As far as lost luggage goes, it is highly doubtful that the luggage for ALL parties travelling together would get lost. However, just an FYI, for partners travelling together, it is wise to put some of your clothes in each other's luggage, so that if by chance, 1 should go missing, that you have at least "part" of a wardrobe to wear as opposed to "none". We've been travelling for years and also pack this way.