Purchasing drink pkg part way through cruise

Has anyone recently been able to purchase a pkg part way through the cruise and have it pro rated for the remaining number of days? I seem to remember that it was possible but the wording has changed on X's website so I am not sure if it can be done anymore. Maybe someone currently sailing could inquire pretty please:D

I did it on the Century 2 weeks ago. Feb 15th sailing from FLL. We left on Saturday and I purchased the classic pkg on Monday. The cruise was 8 days and they prorated the pkg for 6 days. But I had to pay the higher rate of $49.00 per day. You could purchase it pre cruise for $44.00 per day. Sometime in March, the rate is going up to $49.00. Kaye

I did it on the Century 2 weeks ago. Feb 15th sailing from FLL. We left on Saturday and I purchased the classic pkg on Monday. The cruise was 8 days and they prorated the pkg for 6 days. But I had to pay the higher rate of $49.00 per day. You could purchase it pre cruise for $44.00 per day. Sometime in March, the rate is going up to $49.00. Kaye

Thanks! Good news!

I purchased the premium drinks package for last 3 days of cruise on Eclipse last July. I had asked and 3 days before end of cruise was the last opportunity to purchase package.

Whichever day you chose to start from, you must purchase for every day that remains on the cruise.

Worked out as well worth it... Not a big drinker but it's weird how things change when on holiday... easily drank at least 7 drinks without trying which is what most people reckon you need to break even... Fresh squeezed fruit juice in morning... Speciality coffee from al bacio, a bottled beer around lunch time, perhaps a cocktail in the jacuzzi (yes... they offered me a drink whilst relaxing), a bottle of water, soft drink or tea from al bacio on way back to room, 1-2 glasses of wine with dinner and perhaps another glass or a beer with the show. Then depending how we felt, we might have either gone for one last glass of wine or a martini/ cocktail in one of the bars.

For our next cruise in July (again on Eclipse) we got a free classic package when we booked on board last July... We paid something like £100 ea to upgrade to the premium... Which gives us the freedom of not thinking about what we Can and can't order.

Nb... You only need the premium if you like premium import beers, martini's or those fancy molecular bar cocktails or a slightly better wine selection