Norwegian Jewel: Pothole or obstructed OV

Biris

Hi,

Please help me decide between the two. Both are mid-ship. What are the pros and cons? I've had 5 cruises all with Carnival, and thinking to give Norwegian a try. Is there a "view" in an obstructed OV? Can a child sit and have a lookout by the window? Pictures of these 2 categories are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Biris

I would take the porthole. Just for the nostalgia and any price savings.

Obstructed, on any cl, usually means you a lovely view of a lifeboat.

On some ships, it may also mean that the promenade deck is right outside, and unless your curtains are closed, people can see into your cabin.

Just my opinion -- take the porthole.

Hi,

Please help me decide between the two. Both are mid-ship. What are the pros and cons? I've had 5 cruises all with Carnival, and thinking to give Norwegian a try. Is there a "view" in an obstructed OV? Can a child sit and have a lookout by the window? Pictures of these 2 categories are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Biris

I would stay away from the pothole the bed might fall in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have done obstructed view on the Jewel, Pearl, and POA an you have a great view of the life boat. I personally like obstructed view midship. Deck 8 near the blue lagoon for a late night snack. But I have heard people say they don't like the lights above the lifeboats lighting up the room. Potential noise if the life boats are tested or use as tenders. I love the location but you may not. I will be doing obstructed view on the Dawn in April.

I would stay away from the pothole the bed might fall in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Very funny! We have quite a few of them here that could swallow a whole one ;)

OP please try google images. Search "norwegian Jewel Obstructed View Stateroom".

I found quite a few pictures. Looks nice enough to me.

Happy Cruising!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

Just got off the Jewel this morning with an obstructed view cabin 8092. It was fine and you did have some view from the window and plenty of light during the day. I would take it again. Close to elevators but never heard any noise at all.

Just got off the Jewel this morning with an obstructed view cabin 8092. It was fine and you did have some view from the window and plenty of light during the day. I would take it again. Close to elevators but never heard any noise at all.

I was in 8094 on the gem, and was at the tail of the l/b. Plenty of view, but there is a possibility that workers will be on the l/b and can see in your cabin. btw, it is a full window, not a "Pot-hole". (hahaha) The only thing I didn't like about the cabin, is that the seating on the THRONE was very cramped. I am not obese in any way, either. I am on the Gem again in Sept, but that cabin is booked. Enjoy your cruise, I will.:)