Shampoo and soap

crisscruise

Not sure of the brands but I am PICKY with products and I don't mind the body wash but the shampoo doesn't do it for me. Hubby had no issues with it but his hair isn't as pretty as mine. :o

My wife had an allergic reaction to the soap, nothing major, uncomfortable like a sun burn. She took some allergy medication and was fine the next day. Since then we always brought our own soap though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always bring my own soap it is bath size so it lasts the whole cruise. I had a reaction to ivy soap of all things, hives.

Gary

Push! Push! Push! Push! Push!.......endlessly pushing the shampoo dispenser for enough that will bring a little lather!! I don't mind using it...heck, we pay enough for the room...but I ALWAYS bring conditioner! :-)

My husband could care less , I think he would use dog shampoo if he didn't know any better but I am particular so I always bring my own. Although we booked a SPA room on our next cruise so I am really looking forward to trying out the eleminis products they provide for the SPA rooms.

I have dry skin so I always bring my own body wash. My hair is color treated so I also bring my own shampoo and conditioner. I don't know what the brand they use is, but I'm sure it's not a good quality product. Even my DH doesn't like to use it.:eek: You could always call Carnival and ask them what the brand is.

Hope you have an awesome cruise!:D

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried CCL's shampoo, and it's not good at all. It may wash my hair OK, but it doesn't lather and almost feels grainy on my hands. I cope by taking one travel-size bottle from the pre-cruise hotel I stay at, and it lasts me through the whole cruise. (I'm a guy, with short hair, so anything fancier than Dial or Suave is redundant for me.)

Just off the conquest and had to smile having just read the above linked thread about there not being bar soap. I did have some I brought along but almost wondered if my steward had read it.

I was travelling solo and had 5 bars of soap on the counter in the bowel with the samples:D Good thing I hadn't used much space bringing extra.

Still the same shampoo / body wash dispensers. Don't mind the shampoo but I always bring my own conditioner and used the bar soap.