Hasboro Game Show

klaner64

I've not been on it personally. They do choose random people from the audience based on a trivia round. If they choose you to answer the question, and you get it right, you are on! Not a whole family.

Edited by LBroxon

Went to it once and they choose individuals based on making idiots of themselves jumping up and down.

Watched for most of one game and seems like no skill at all is involved.

Found it very boring to watch and do not plan to ever go to another one.

And too think entertainment on Carnival used to be awesome.

Went to it once and they choose individuals based on making idiots of themselves jumping up and down.

Not only is it awful, but this is 1 evenings entertainment. If CCL continues with Hasbro, they should at least move to an afternoon slot, and have regular entertainment in the pm.

Has anyone been to the Hasboro Game Show on Carnival Ships? Do they choose whole families from the audience or just individuals on teams? What kind of prizes do they give away?

Random people are chosen for teams. Right (when facing the stage) is normally red team & the left side of the theater is the blue team.

You either play Connect Four, Simon Says, Yahtzee, or Operation (those are the only ones I've seen). If your team loses, you get mini versions of the game you just played...though on the Sunshine one team received a card game.

If your team wins, you move on to the finals. If you don't have the highest amount, you receive a card game and $20 giftcard for Hasboro. If you win, you get mini versions & boardgames of all games.

On Breeze you carried them off, on Sunshine they mail to you.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app

Not only is it awful, but this is 1 evenings entertainment. If CCL continues with Hasbro, they should at least move to an afternoon slot, and have regular entertainment in the pm.

The evening they had hasbro this was half the entertainment the other half was love and marriage show which used to be held in the afternoon.

And to think they used to have professional entertainment every night of the cruise. How sad it has come to this.

The evening they had hasbro this was half the entertainment the other half was love and marriage show which used to be held in the afternoon.

And to think they used to have professional entertainment every night of the cruise. How sad it has come to this.

The answer is in the $$$$$. Kinda like what Wandering Jew has in his signature: CCL = Chintzy Cruise Line:eek:

• 7 months later...
Sounds like the kids would like this? 10 year olds?

Seen it several times. Ages range from 4 to 'old'.

It's good family fun. Seems that a kid always wins. I came in second and got a travel Sorry card game.

How odd, indeed. I heard it was brilliant.

How odd, indeed. I heard it was brilliant.

Lounge was about as empty as I have ever seen it the night they had hasbro and nothing else.

Dont know their normal liquor sales are for the evening in the main lounge but they sure were getting there.

Glad to see it is only one evenings entertainment now, last year it was 2 nights entertainment on the ship we were on. Talk about nothing to do.:mad:

I agree completely. Carnival has some kind of commitment to keep it, but please make it an afternoon activity and offer an actual show for evening. Hasbro just has a limited audience.

Yup...those were the good ole' days! Entertainment cutbacks were the #1 reason we prefer Princess over Carnival and we go to Las Vegas more often.

I totally agree! Our last cruise on Carnival, there basically was no entertainment. Not even one fly on, unless you want to count the comedians in the comedy club. Nothing for the main theater though.

This is one reason why I have 4 Princess cruises booked and no Carnival cruises booked. To me, Hasbro is not entertainment.

I totally agree! Our last cruise on Carnival, there basically was no entertainment. Not even one fly on, unless you want to count the comedians in the comedy club. Nothing for the main theater though.

This is one reason why I have 4 Princess cruises booked and no Carnival cruises booked. To me, Hasbro is not entertainment.

Hear! Hear! Carnival is offering unbelievable discounts - I saw a 7-night Caribbean for $199 a couple days ago. I'm retired and can cruise on a couple hours' notice. I will still sail Carnival solo when a promo catches my attention.

Princess entertainment is far better, but even that is disappointing. After they cram too many people into the theater, the show is only 30 minutes long.

So we've done Las Vegas twice a year average to see great shows. My room is almost always comped (low roller), I use mostly points for flights or book during sales. My only significant expense is my show tickets. Going early November and seeing 9 shows in 5 days - researched and picked the shows that appeal the most.

We've sailed 38 times in 23 years and have loved it. But I see fewer cruises in our future, mostly because of entertainment cutbacks.

I totally agree that the Hasbro Game show should be held in the afternoon.

We need more Production Shows in the evening.

Absolutely ! ! !

Hopefully the New Carnival Person that is over Entertainment will make this a Priority and bring back Evening Production Shows

Edited by flc

Sounds like the kids would like this? 10 year olds?

they pick a kid-- a young adult.. a mid age adult and an OLDER adult.

Each pick is a trivia question that needs to be answered by a person acting "wierd"

That is pretty much it !

I saw the Hasbro show on the Conquest last month. I liked it. I watched both shows during the week. The trivia was just trivia, but I did enjoy people making a fool out of themselves to get on stage (one of the few times I enjoy people making fools of themselves). I thought the games had a surprising amount of strategy to them, not that most of the people on stage thought through it. The Cruise Director and his assistants helped move things along.

Overall I thought it was fine early evening entertainment. This is coming from someone who hasn't experienced the "good old days" of Carnival entertainment, whatever they were.

None of the audience participation shows were of interest to us on any of the three Carnival Cruises we have been on. And one song and dance musical/variety show with a live band was one too many on our first cruise. For us, the comedians and dive-in movies provide enough evening entertainment (The Magic had 4 nights of comedy on our 7-day cruise). This may sound really bizarre, but on our last cruise, my wife and I really enjoyed just spending time with our 16 year old son (the 14-year old was out and about most of the time). I guess we know he will be gone in less than two years. After the first night we had a routine down that after our 6pm dinner in the MDR, we would head to the buffet to sample any entrees or deserts that we did not get in the MDR, playing food critic. We would just sit an talk until the comedy show started. I was amazed at how few people are in the buffet after 7pm...actually rather peaceful. Sorry this got off-topic.