Getaway La Cucina - reviews?

SissasMomE

We have never eaten in La Cucina for any of our NCL cruises. We were thinking of trying it on the Getaway. I would like to hear comments regarding the restaurant from those that have eaten here - Getaway or otherwise. Thank you!

After reading some of the online reviews ("nothing special", "just like Olive Garden") I did not make advance reservations, but I am definitely glad that I wound up at La Cucina one night as a 'walk in', while on the Getaway. Great food, great service, great dishes, great price, and a great time was had by all!

It was, once again, a big reminder for me to not necessarily blindly trust everything I read, but to just find out on my own :) .

We were on the Getaway 2.22.14 sailing and ate at La Cucina on Thursday evening. Really enjoyed our dinner and it certainly was not Olive Garden. Service was great as it was everywhere onboard and we were able to dine outside which made it even better!!!

Edited by crimsnlady

Their pizza is ok but I preferred the pizza before they changed the menu. I also liked the bread better then too. I don't care for La Cucina. The food is average for me. But I ate last time with Italians and they thought it was pretty good. But they all got something different than me. They raved about the carpaccio. My rigatoni was probably the worst ever. You could get better pasta at the buffet. I was the only one at our table of 5 that was disappointed in the meal. It was my least favorite meal on last year's Epic.

Having said all of that, we will probably eat there again and we usually go every cruise LOL