FT. Lauderdale Hotel

hlb76

Hi there.

I have never sailed out of FT. Lauderdale and I'm a bit nervous. I have not gone outside of my comfort zone in quite a while. There are 6 of us in 2 families all traveling together. We are looking for a descent hotel. We dont need fancy but maybe something with in walking distance of restaurants or shopping (wine/pop). Any family friendly suggestions? Or just over all Ft. Lauderdale info?

Thanks in advance

We love the options along 17th Street. Lots of hotels and restaurants to choose from. Of course everyone has their opinion about what is best but we have always enjoyed the Holiday Inn Express which is right in the middle of everything. There is also a convenience store, grocery store and pharmacy right along there too. We love to walk down to the bridge and see all the ships in port. It is always our evening before sailing activity and again the morning of departure. We are going to be there again in September, cant wait!

Edited by indiaksue

We like the Embassy Suites in the 17th St. area - near the port, near shops/dining options, nice pool, great breakfast, and free happy hour! :D There are many other chain hotels (just about every variety of Hilton and Marriott) nearby.

http://www.sunny.org is a good source for tourist and hotel info. Good luck! :)

Consider Embassy Suites or Hyatt Place both very near (overlooking) the Publix Market shopping center on 17th St. great food at Duffy's and wine at Total Wine....Try pricing rooms at Last Minute Travel Club.

Yep, Embassy Suites is easy and the port is like 2 miles away. Plenty of food options, Publix, Total Wine, etc. The perks of cooked to order breakfast and Happy Hour make it all the better plus a solid pool area.

I prefer the Hyatt right next to the Embassy suites. I believe it's a Hyatt park place. It's on 17th St as well. Found it to be much much cleaner than Embassy and the staff much nicer. Also the Shuttle is cheaper to the port and LESS CHAOTIC. Embassy Suites shuttles felt like every man for themselves while loading everyone like cattle. The Hyatt was cheaper as well. Trip advisor has good reviews of both of theses hotels.

On another note, the shopping center with Publiks and restaurants are within close walking distance to both these hotels.

Edited by cdscooby1