Vision of the Sea Cabin Question - 2 little ones

Contemplating 2 rooms vs. Junior Suite my kids a young 4 and 22 months at time of sailing. Looking at either 2 OV adjoining cabins or 1 JS. Anyone done 2 cabins with little ones?

The usual advantage of two cabins is the two bathrooms, but that wouldn't seem to be a consideration when two of the four people are 4 and not-2 years old. ;)

The JS is a good way to go, particularly since you get a bathtub, which is good for children. Many don't like a shower.

Contemplating 2 rooms vs. Junior Suite my kids a young 4 and 22 months at time of sailing. Looking at either 2 OV adjoining cabins or 1 JS. Anyone done 2 cabins with little ones?

On our last cruise on Grandeur (which is same class as Vision), we met a couple traveling with two little ones (I think they were 3 and 4). They booked two adjoining OV rooms, and it worked out perfectly. They kept the second room dark, so the kids could nap and it also gave the parents some privacy. We, on the other hand, booked a suite with our little one. We went with the GS for the extra space and perks (prior boarding and disembarking is great when you have a little one with no patience). Also, we liked the idea of in-room dining from MDR menu in case our son was not keen on the MDR - turns out he wasn't, but loved eating outside WJ, so we never really used that perk. The only other thing to consider is that I think the JS also comes with a bath, which might come in handy for the 22 month old. Our son was one month shy of 4 on our cruise, but he still preferred baths to showers, so the full size bathtub was another added bonus to the suite.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Excellent, thanks. The 2 rooms is actually less expensive, but I worry a little about safety. I also agree a tub would be nice for both of them. Did you find there was enough for your almost 4 year old on the Vision class? I know they don't have all the bells and whistles, but the refurbs look nice and they've added the nursery to the Vision which is a must!

Excellent, thanks. The 2 rooms is actually less expensive, but I worry a little about safety. I also agree a tub would be nice for both of them. Did you find there was enough for your almost 4 year old on the Vision class? I know they don't have all the bells and whistles, but the refurbs look nice and they've added the nursery to the Vision which is a must!

Yes. Our son had a blast, but it was his first cruise, so he has no idea what he was missing from the mega ships :). Between the pool, kids club, and small arcade, he had plenty to keep him busy. But, if he had been spoiled by one of bigger ships with all the bells and whistles, then he might have been a little disappointed. There is no kids pool per se, but if Vision is similar to Grandeur, then it will have a small fence between main pool (which has a deep section) and this very shallow section (which is maybe 3 inches to 12 inches deep). Our son loved running around in this area, as when you are sailing, you get waves in this little pool. My wife and I could sit on the edge of this pool, and it was very nice. There were usually 3-5 little kids in this pool at any time, and they had a blast. Usually we would drop our son off at club after dinner, and then we would go see a show. So, we did not use the club a lot, but it was nice and he enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app