Someone make me feel better about purchasing the drink package

We have a stop in Coco Cay and I was wondering if anyone knows if the drinks on the private islands are included in the package. Any information is greatly apprediated!

Yep, it works as an extension of the ship. Just note that souvenir glasses are NOT included onboard or on the island so you'll have to ask for one without if that's what is on the server's tray.

Thank you so much for the fast replies! We are really excited about the drink packages now! Our biggest expense is always the drinks since we don't do excursions and just like to do our own thing at the ports. I told her "well if we don't like Nassau we can always go back to the ship and drink!" LOL

Yep, it works as an extension of the ship. Just note that souvenir glasses are NOT included onboard or on the island so you'll have to ask for one without if that's what is on the server's tray.

what souvenir glasses are you speaking of? the coca cola ones?

My wife and I got a lot of mileage out of the premium package on our Indy cruise. But our next cruise will be with wife's parents, who maybe have one drink each evening. Thinking about not doing the package this time, so as to not shock the in-laws with our amount of alcohol consumption, lol. Then again, a lot of alcohol might be just what I'll need...

Dear OP if I could show you the scrapbook of DH & I first cruise it would make you feel MUCH better!! I kept (just about) every bar receipt ...talk about depressing :(

Now we will be doing our 6th cruise together and darn skippy we will be getting the packages!! Our Dd's and I will be getting the refresh packages( I barely drink alcohol) DH on the other hand will be getting the premium ;)!!

So much better than seeing that HUGE bill at the end!

This ^ is why my wife and I are going with the Premium Package in April. I took a look at the folios from our last 2 RCCL cruises and we've averaged just over $100 per/day ($101.73 to be exact) for just booze and mostly call/well drinks. The thought of being able to order top shelf drinks AND get the sodas and bottled water makes it just that much more attractive as I purchased the case of bottled water for the last 2 cruises as well.

This'll seem way nerdy; I work in an analytic capacity, so my brain always goes to how I can study the data to better predict the future and create a process to achieve stronger successes. I not only apply this to work, but to just about everything I do, including vacation planning. So, as part of my vacation prep, I have made it a point to read up on every beverage package related thread, Googled up articles and analysis on the packages and studied the drink menus and data that have been, at least loosely, verified as close to accurate. It's not to get my monies worth or beat the system, but rather to maximize my vacation experience (which is what vacation is all about IMO).

One more analytic piece for you all, there appears to be a direct correlation between the maximum number of drinks consumed after dinner and the timing of The Quest. :cool:

Is there anyone here who regrets the package - as they felt the need to "get their money's worth" Just thinking at min 7 drinks per day, that by the end of a 7 day cruise, a person would have gained an additional 4-5 pounds just from the liquid calories! I understand it is vacation, but 4 alcoholic drinks per 4 hour period is considered binge drinking. It sounds like for many - this is just getting started. It worries me that this is considered normal to do this EVERY day of ones vacation. How does anyone sit through a show without running to the bathroom when you drink that much? I understand the package covers more than just alcohol - but some of what I read on this thread concerns me.

On the new "Ultimate" package (and on the "Royal Replenish") it covers "Premium Coffee." What/where does one get premium coffee? I've done some research online and it looks like it does not include Starbucks on Oasis/Allure.

(Disclaimer: I am not a coffee drinker, but my BF is, so trying to figure out if this would be a good option for him.)

Is there anyone here who regrets the package - as they felt the need to "get their money's worth" Just thinking at min 7 drinks per day, that by the end of a 7 day cruise, a person would have gained an additional 4-5 pounds just from the liquid calories! I understand it is vacation, but 4 alcoholic drinks per 4 hour period is considered binge drinking. It sounds like for many - this is just getting started. It worries me that this is considered normal to do this EVERY day of ones vacation. How does anyone sit through a show without running to the bathroom when you drink that much? I understand the package covers more than just alcohol - but some of what I read on this thread concerns me.

I try not to make it a habit to worry about other people's drinking habits and caloric intake. I also really don't think one drink every four hours is considered binge drinking but I could be wrong!

On the new "Ultimate" package (and on the "Royal Replenish") it covers "Premium Coffee." What/where does one get premium coffee? I've done some research online and it looks like it does not include Starbucks on Oasis/Allure.

(Disclaimer: I am not a coffee drinker, but my BF is, so trying to figure out if this would be a good option for him.)

You can get premium coffee at the bar next to Cafe Promenade (for those ships that have a Royal Promenade), Cafe Latte-Tudes (for those ships that have it), the Main Dining Room, and specialty restaurants.

Edited by clarea

You can get premium coffee at the bar next to Cafe Promenade (for those ships that have a Royal Promenade), Cafe Latte-Tudes (for those ships that have it), the Main Dining Room, and specialty restaurants.

Thanks Bob! Maybe if I buy him the ultimate drink package it will cut down on the Starbucks tab... maybe maybe?? :roll eyes:

And I do like freshly squeezed OJ at breakfast. Perhaps he can slide a glass or two my way during the week! :eek:

If breaking even is the mission, its not as hard as it seems. I can't find the post, but it was posted that the drink maximums have been upped to $12 per drink/$14 per glass of wine (although, I got another email blast from royal about the package today that still had the $10/$12 pricing AND, I've already purchased the package for my wife and I :mad: )

The daily "break even" for the premium package is actually just above $46 as the tip is included, trusting that the daily max has increased, here is a "break even" example:

Bottled Water: $3.00

Ultimate Bloody Mary: $7.50

Long Island Iced Tea: $9.50

Luxury Martini: $9.50

Glass of Merlot: $9.00

Total: $44.50 or two-bucks from "break even" Have one more drink and you've beat the house (and, hydrated enough to hopefully avoid and ill effects the next morning) :cool:

If breaking even is the mission, its not as hard as it seems. I can't find the post, but it was posted that the drink maximums have been upped to $12 per drink/$14 per glass of wine (although, I got another email blast from royal about the package today that still had the $10/$12 pricing AND, I've already purchased the package for my wife and I :mad: )

The daily "break even" for the premium package is actually just above $46 as the tip is included, trusting that the daily max has increased, here is a "break even" example:

Ultimate Bloody Mary: $7.50

Long Island Iced Tea: $9.50

Luxury Martini: $9.50

Glass of Merlot: $9.00

Total: $44.50 or two-bucks from "break even" Have one more drink and you've beat the house (and, hydrated enough to hopefully avoid and ill effects the next morning) :cool:

Wait, you can almost get there with three drinks, three waters and a soda under the new pricing:

Ultimate Cosmo: $10.50

Grand Margarita: $10.25

Soda: $4.00 (or are they $4.50?)

Glass of Champagne: $12.00

Total: $45.75

As many have said, on this thread and countless others, it's utterly dependent on your drinking style/habits and how that relates to the type of vacation you enjoy.

My wife and I are in our early 30s, and I would hardly call us heavy drinkers. We weren't partiers in college (more so in law school, but that's another story). But when we sat down and talked about our ideal vacation, one important thing we wanted was the ability to drink whatever we want, without worrying about how much we were spending. We didn't count our drinks religiously each day to make sure we were hitting the $55 mark, it just added to our ability to relax by not having to think, well there goes another $10 or whatever. I'd say we hit the mark on some days, passed it on others, and maybe fell short a day or two. The interesting thing is, even with having the ability to order basically whatever we want, neither of us ever got really drunk, more a nice relaxed buzz. Just because you buy the package doesn't mean you get falling down waisted before noon, quite the opposite actually.

Weight gain definitely happened though, but whether that was our alcohol consumption, or the repeated trips through the buffet, who can be sure.

Wait, you can almost get there with three drinks, three waters and a soda under the new pricing:

Just curious, how did you get the drink prices? I wanted to see if it's worth it for us but I haven't found the prices of beer, wine or drinks. Thanks.

Has soda jumped up to $4? It was $2.88 just a few weeks ago on Adventure.

Just curious, how did you get the drink prices? I wanted to see if it's worth it for us but I haven't found the prices of beer, wine or drinks. Thanks.

Go here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1987450 I posted a couple of links to recent pricing and, if you scroll down, you can see pics of the drink menu with prices. I had tried to consolidate threads about the packages in to a master thread, but they we spawning faster than I could keep up.

Go here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1987450 I posted a couple of links to recent pricing and, if you scroll down, you can see pics of the drink menu with prices. I had tried to consolidate threads about the packages in to a master thread, but they we spawning faster than I could keep up.

Awesome! Thanks AB!!!

My bf and I were on Freedom last year and had the same package you do. We were told champagne is not included with this. (we ended up slipping the bartender a bit of cash in our favorite place and were taken care of though). This year when I called to ask about it the rep from RC said champagne is not included, the protein bar onboard (I thing it's called Squeeze) is not, and I was told I had to ask about Prosecco when on board. Since it's a sparkling wine I feel it should be, but it may also be considered an Italian champagne, thus falling into the category of 'champagne' which is not free. Other than that we had just about all top shelf drinks we could think of. We are going with the same package again this year, we can do without 'fresh squeezed' oj and coffee for a few days.

In my honest opinion I like the convenience of not having to keep a mental tab of how much we spent. Plus having 6-7 drinks a day isn't really too hard reach to 'break even' if you enjoy a few during the day by the pool, maybe a glass of wine or two with dinner then a few during the late night hours. Rest easy, it's one less bill you have to worry about when the trip is all over. :cool: