What is the BEST WEATHER month for Caribbean

Let me start by saying we have never been outside of the country, and have never been on a cruise. I am trying to pinpoint the month that my fiancee and I are going to get married. We want to get married at the waterfalls in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We had origionally planed to get married in Sept. but I am worried about hurricanes. Thanks for your input!!

Edited by jennalea
was using mobile

What do you mean by "best"? If you mean you are worried about hurricanes, it's best to avoid Sept, which is peak hurricane season. Hurricane season in the Caribbean runs June-November. Summer is really hot and humid, and your choice of cruises is limited.

It's true that Sept. is in the middle of hurricane, but the odds of a hurricane actually interfering with your plans are slim.

By the way, I'm sure you've looked at pics of the falls, which are beautiful, but don't expect them to be a quiet tranquil place. Typically it's a mass of humanity!

Good luck with the wedding and the marriage!

slide.jpg.2307beae7948edf5d5d56c45627efab6.jpg

When I googled average temps for the Caribbean the site I looked on said that average for summer was 86 and winter was 78. 86 doesnt sound bad but they said nothing about humility. My soon to be hubby isnt going to want to do it durning a time when its really humid.

Thanks for your info.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

When I googled average temps for the Caribbean the site I looked on said that average for summer was 86 and winter was 78. 86 doesnt sound bad but they said nothing about humility. My soon to be hubby isnt going to want to do it durning a time when its really humid.

Thanks for your info.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

It's a small body of land in the middle of the ocean. Humidity is always going to be an issue, but the tropical breeze mitigates a lot of the perceived humidity. Scroll down about 2/3 of the way on this page to see a humidity chart.

https://weatherspark.com/averages/32526/Kingston-St-Andrew-Parish-Jamaica